24 | Confessions and explanations

He stumbled back as they almost tackled him to the ground, wrapping their arms around his back and burying their face in his chest while he smiled like a lovesick fool. "Thank you for saving me." they teased, pulling away from him. Eddie's face went a bright shade of red as he nervously chuckled. "I didn't save you, it was only because you told me your favourite song right before." he half admitted, it was pretty much true - he would of had no idea of what song to pick if it wasn't for their conversation before. "Although, it...it wasn't the song that brought you back, was it?" he asked quietly as he saw the rest of the group exit his trailer and enter Max's across the road. Y/n sat on the bench table, swinging their feet as Eddie sat next to them. "No, no... I don't think it was the same as what happened to Max. He...he showed me my bad memory but then changed to something else and wanted me to tell Eleven everything...I don't know what was happening honestly." they admitted as he wrapped an arm around them, hesitating at first and wanting to make sure they were okay with it.

"Dustin was scared we were going to lose you...we all were..." he quietly admitted, making shapes in the dirt with his feet, avoiding the gaze he could feel on his side from them looking at him. "Munson was scared? No way." they gasped teasingly, Eddie rolling their eyes at them, a small smile tugging on his lips. "Who said I was scared?" he tried to lie, finally meet8ing Y/n's eyes and knowing exactly who it was by the look on their face. "He really doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut." he huffed, Y/n giggling but agreeing with him - Dustin's one fatal flaw. "How comes you were outside?" they questioned, taking the pack of cigarettes off him with a frown on their face. "I just needed some air, was a bit warm." he lied, gritting his teeth as the scene of them and Steve replayed in his head. He knew Steve didn't tell him the full truth when they spoke - he'd seen the lingering gazes Steve held, looking at them for slightly too long and the glaring when he would hug Y/n, Steve trying to play it off by 'looking out for them.'.

"Your face is saying something different, stop frowning." they told him, resting a hand on his before Eddie got up, standing in front of them. "I got...I... forget it. It's not important." he stammered, going to walk off. "You can tell me anything Eds..." they said softly, grabbing his wrist to stop him from walking off. "It's pointless! It doesn't matter because you won't feel the same and I'll mess everything up because I'm 'the freak' and I just got jealous-" he ranted, Y/n's eyes widening as they went to answer but got interrupted. "Hey guys! Nancy needs Y/n, she wants to ask questions!" Dustin shouted, Eddie groaning as Y/n threw Dustin a thumbs up as he went back in. "Come on...we'll talk about this later." Y/n informed him, Eddie agreeing and waiting for them before heading in. They pressed a kiss to his cheek, grinning as he froze before walking over to Max's trailer. "Eddie! Come on!" they smirked, Eddie grinning as his hands touched where they had kissed his cheek, jogging in and following after them.

------------------------------

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet, the most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire; dead soldiers. And this...this giant creature with a gaping mouth. And, and this creature wasn't alone, there were so many monsters - an army. And they were coming to Hawkins, into our neighbourhoods, our homes. And then...he showed me my mom, and Dustin, Eddie, Steve - pretty much all of you and everyone else. And everyone...we were all..." they explained, Nancy rubbing her hand up and down their back trying to soothe them while the others stayed quiet, not sure what to say. "Okay, but...he's just trying to scare you, Y/n. Right? I mean...I mean, it's not real." Steve suggested as the others glared at him while Y/n vigorously shook their head. "Not yet. But there...there was something else. He showed me gates, four gates. Spreading across Hawkins, and these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer but...they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the upside down Hawkins, this was our Hawkins - our home." they revealed, everyone's guts dropping and anxiety growing rapidly.