26 | Weapons

They had all split off into little groups - Nancy and Max, Steve and Robin, Lucas, Erica and Y/n and then Eddie and Dustin. All working on separate things, trying to get them finished quicker. max gripped the gun tightly as Nancy sawed away. "Is this legal?" Max questioned, looking at her in concern. "Actually, I think it's a felony. But it guarantees one thing - I won't miss." she finished, putting the saw back down as she was done. Y/n smiled softly as they set one spear down, watching Eddie and Dustin who were making the shields at the bottom of the hill. "How's she feeling?" Dustin asked, seeing as Eddie had finished hammering nails into his shield and was swinging it around. "Light, but durable. Deadly, but reliable." he informed, Dustin chuckling at him. "Hear me now. There will be no more retreating...from Eddie the Banished." he said dramatically, Dustin standing up as he had now finished his. "Hey, you're really ready for bat-tle." Dustin chortled, Eddie turning back to look him very unimpressed by the pun. Y/n placed the second spear down and turned to the siblings. "I'll be back in a second." they smiled, Erica and Lucas nodding before looking at each other knowingly.

"You get it? Bat-tle? B-A-T. No? I thought I had a good one." Dustin groaned, rolling his eyes thinking Eddie didn't get the pun he has said. Suddenly, Eddie placed his shield down before tackling Dustin, catching him off-guard. "What're you doing!" Dustin shouted, pushing him back as Y/n watched them fight, stifling a laugh. "You son of a bitch!" Dustin exclaimed as Eddie let go, running and tackling him yet again. "No wedgies! No wedgies!" Dustin desperately called, Eddie of course not listening and giving the poor boy a wedgie making Y/n burst out laughing. "Never change, Dustin Henderson. Promise me?" Eddie grinned, holding Dustin's head with his hands placed behind carefully, forcing him to look at him. "I wasn't planning on it...as long as you don't hurt Y/n..." Dustin agreed, mumbling the last bit so they didn't hear. Eddie pat him on the back before turning away, grinning at Y/n who walked over with a smirk on their face and arms crossed. "Hey, Sinclairs. How are those, uh...those spears coming on?" he questioned, Lucas throwing a thumbs up causing Erica and Y/n to glare at him. "Flip that damn thumb around! Yours are too loose, Lucas!" Y/n shouted, Erica thanking them as Lucas flipped them off. "Dustin, go help him please, would you?" Y/n sighed, turning to their brother.

He grinned before turning to Eddie. "I give you my permission, just remember what I said!" he shouted as he walked up the hill backwards, making Eddie go red. Y/n raised an eyebrow as Eddie turned back to them, laughing nervously. "What did you need Dustin's permission for?" they gawked, chuckling as he scratched his neck. They turned around, not facing the group and looking at the rest of the field. "It was about earlier...uh..." he stammered, trying to find the words. The pair now both struggled to make eye contact, the butterflies swarming their stomachs and the fuzzy feeling now filling them more than ever. "You okay, Eddie? You can tell me anything..." they comforted softly, resting a hand on his biceps. His heart fluttered like crazy, and he felt his knees go weak. "I... uh...I was wondering if you wanted to go to the movies? On Friday at like, say, eight?" he got out, staring at the ground and his face a bright shade of red. He groaned at himself internally - he was usually so smooth, he didn't even get like this when he used nicknames for them or flirted with people before but there was something about them, that just felt so different - they made him some lovesick fool.

"Like a date?" they asked, wanting to make sure they got the right idea and were not jumping to conclusions, feeling giddy at the thought their feelings were reciprocated. Eddie nodded and quickly glanced at them, feeling relieved they were also obviously flustered, and it wasn't just him. "Yeah, but only if you want! It's okay if you don't...you're Y/n Henderson, you know, everyone loves you and I'm 'the freak' the everyone hates mainly due to me playing d&d and having to resit the year and I like metal-" he rambled on, not seeing the massive grin that had appeared on Y/n's face. "Eddie..." they called, trying to get his attention but it was no help, he kept on rambling. "...it would come with a lot of probably hate and it's understandable...." he continued, the grin already somehow getting bigger on their face as they tried to get his attention, huffing as it wasn't working. "Plus, your reputa-" he started but was cut off by Y/n, who had pulled him down by the collar of his shirt and connected their lips with his for a longed for kiss, catching him off guard and his eyes widened before he kissed back, realising what had just happened.

"I don't care about that, you idiot. As long as I'm happy, who gives a fuck? I'd love to go on a date with you, Eddie Munson, once all this shit is over." they assured him, Eddie still in a dream-like state, still not able to comprehend what had just happened. "I... you like me?" he repeated, pressing his hands to his lips. They rolled their eyes and laughed, shaking their head. "Yes, I do Munson. I thought that was pretty clear." they teased, a huge beaming smile now on Eddie's face as he gazed at them full of love and affection. "Y/n Henderson likes me!" he repeated, fist bumping the air as he looked over at them. "It's about damn time you realised that!" Robin shouted from the top of the hill, smiling at the pair along with Dustin and Max. "You're such a loser sometimes, you know that." Y/n teased, intertwining their hands with his and rocking side to side.

"I may be a loser, but I'm your loser."