Chapter 1- The day didn't go well

Cameron Dallas as Alexander McKinley -->

Chapter 1 - First Day

Alexander's POV

I felt the wind brush my face as I watched my Dad's coffin on the ground. Somehow, a part of me wished everything was just a horrible nightmare and that mere seconds from now I would wake up. But everytime I blinked my eyes everything was still the same. And as sad and hurtful as the truth was, I had to accept ir.

I turned to the side and saw different people from tbe media with all their cameras pointed towards our direction like we were some kind of attactrion. And I knew today every media outlet out there had us as their headline. I could see it happening in my head.

"Today, a funeral is being held for Former CEO Peter McKinley of McKinley Inns who recently passed away due to cardiac arrest. Peter's million dollar company, as stated in his will, is now handed down to his firstborn son—Alexander McKinley"

Yeah. That's how they'd say it.

I looked over to my side and I could see my sister sobbing in her boyfriend's chest. I was glad she had a shoulder to cry on. God knows she needed it. I did too. But I guess I was better off being in my own and grieve alone.

I walked over to my sister and instantly she turned to me and gave me a tight hug.

"It's going to be alright Katie. We will be alright." I whispered to her as I rubbed her back softly.

"I miss Dad already." She whispered and sobs started to escape her.

"I know. I miss him too."

And I don't know how I was going to live with my life knowing I would be missing him every single day.

I continued to rub my sister's back as I looked up at the sky, wishing my father was in a place where he was happy. He was always a busy man. Too cramped up in his job as he lead a real estate company and yet he always made time for Katie and I. Even without a mother by our side, he really was the best father anyone could ever ask for.

When my mother had left us when I was eight, he had stepped up and took care of us. I know now how hard it must've have and I am nothing but grateful for how he did it.

And now that his gone, I don't know what to do with what he had worked so hard for.

I was just fresh out of Harvard Business School. I was supposed to spend the following years working on the company. To learn the dos and don'ts, how things worked, and what I would do if I were to inherit it "someday".

But no one expected someday to be arrive earlier as planned. Everything seemed to have happened so fast. All I knew was that I got a call from my father's secretary saying he was rushed to the hospital and before we could even say our proper goodbyes, the old geezer had left.

And as much as I hate goodbyes, saying my goodbye to him when he was still  alive is something that I could only dream of having.

I miss you, dad. So much.

--

The day went on and I still couldn't accept that my beloved father was dead. It was like yesterday when we were just talking and laughing at our own goofy jokes. It hurt everytime I think about it. But I guess that's part of the process in moving on.

As expected, I recieved a lot of condolences from different people. They were several people who tried and did their best to comfort me. Some of them were old business partners with my dad, wherein I never even knew existed. And at that moment I had to step up. Act like I had everything figured out and that I was ready to lead the company.