Peace

Your father turned to look at you. His eyes were full of tears and they carried guilt and regret, so much regret. He looked like he was struggling to breathe. He glanced one more time at your mother's lifeless body and walked away. He struggled to walk. His knees bucked a few times when he walked but he caught himself using the walls.

Luca's arms wrapped around you. The safety in his arms carried comfort. "I'm so sorry baby. I know how much more she was staring to mean to you," he said planting a kiss on your forehead. "I'm never going to see her. She's just lying in that bed now." You said choking on tears and sobs. "She's gone Luca."

Luca's grip on you tightened. "She will always be with you Amelia. The important thing is to know how much she really loved you," he said moving his hand to rest on your head. Luca was right. Your mother told you how much she really loved you not too long ago. She apologised for not giving you the childhood you deserved. She told you she loved you.

"I love you Luca," you said closing your eyes. Luca eased you off of him and made you look at him. He looked at you longingly. "Say it again," he said smiling. "I love you," you repeated sniffling. The excitement and desire filled his body. "I love you too Amelia," he said kissing you.

Even though he didn't take away the pain he was still able to make you happy in the worst moment of your life. In the pain of this moment the happiness he brought, brought you peace. You were finally at peace. You felt the heaviness of your past lift off of your shoulders in this very moment with him, with the love of your life. Nothing in this world could amount to this.

He pulled away and his hands cupped your face. His thumb rubbed your cheek. "I'm so sorry about your mom baby," he said softly. You looked him deep in the eyes. "My mom helped me get to this point. My past helped me get to this point. They brought me to you Luca. I'm at my lowest of lows right now yet I feel happy. I feel at peace and that's a feeling I never thought I would ever have. You gave it to me Luca. You make me happy Luca," you said, tears streaming down your face.

Luca crashed his lips to yours and your tongues danced vigorously. "I love you Amelia," Luca said after he pulled away. "I love you too Luca," you said smiling.

A while later Luca stood up and then helped you up. You looked at the room your mom was in and smiled. Even though she was gone you know deep down that things ended well. The most important thing is that you made a menz.

3 months later...

You sat on the chair at the dressing table looking at yourself in the mirror. Your make up was well done and your hair was tied up. You stood up and stood in front of the mirror. You examined yourself for a long moment. The dress fitted exactly how it did the first time.

There was a knock at the door before it opened and Maria, Sage, Savannah, Aliza and Sofia walked in. They were all in bridesmaids dresses.

Maria's eyes lit up when she saw you. "You look fucking gorgeous," she beamed. She walked over to you and hugged you. You smiled and embraced her back. "You guys look really good," you said admiring their dresses.

They wore tight fit dresses that were a rosy light pink

They wore tight fit dresses that were a rosy light pink. It had thin straps and a droopy neck line.

You had gotten the chance to know the girls better after the accident. It was a stressful time but you were almost glad it happened because for the first time in your life, you have friends and in a few moments you're going to have a sister. You couldn't have asked for a better life. Even if the men weren't caught that day, you had nothing to worry about. You were free.

"Are you nervous?" Liza asked. You thought about it for a long moment before answering. "I'm not actually. I'm really excited. I can't wait to marry the love of my life," you said smiling. The girls all awwwed at the same time. You giggled at their reaction which made them laugh too. "We'll see you in 5 minutes okay," Sage said holding your hand and squeezing it before leaving.

You looked at yourself in the mirror one more time and admired yourself. "Amelia," you heard a man's voice say. You turned around to see your father standing in the door way holding a bottle. You hadn't seen him since the hospital. He wasn't even at your mother's funeral. "What are you doing here?" you asked folding your arms. Your father was silent for a long moment. "The deal is over. You're not marrying the Armani boy," he said taking a big gulp from the bottle.

He looked really bad. He had dark circles under his eyes and his hair was a mess. His t-shirt was untucked and stained and his belt was hanging from his pants. "He is not a boy dad, he's a man. A man that knows more about life at 23 years old than you do at 56. He is smarter and stronger than you will ever be. I'm marrying Luca because I love him. I was never doing it for you or the company," you said with an eye roll.

Your father stood in front of you for a long moment. He took a sip from his bottle again and just started laughing. "What do you know about love. Me nor your mother gave it to you. You don't deserve to be loved Amelia. You're too broken for love. Love will only be an idea for you but you will never get it. 'Luca' doesn't love you," he said after walking closer to you and standing in front of you.

In a matter of seconds your father was grabbed and was pinned to the wall. After you took everything in you saw it was Luca. He punched your father repeatedly before leaving him and letting him drop to the ground. Your father was bleeding and the cuffs of Luca's shirt and fist were full of blood. Luca was breathing heavily as he stared at your father who was unconscious on the floor.

He turned to you and you just stared at him in disbelief of what just happened. You tried your best to hold in your tears because the stylists put a lot of effort into your make up and you didn't want to ruin their hard work. Luca took a step closer to you but you took a step back. He looked at you intensely trying to figure out what was going through your head.

A/n
Damn. I don't know how to feel about this chapter hay. I hope it's good.
If you enjoyed this chapter please leave a vote❤️