Alone

After eating breakfast Luca had bolted out of the apartment. He was tense and had that icy glare he has when he talks to clients or when he is stressed. It was confusing how he could change so quickly.

He has shown nothing but warm emotions to you but now it feels like he is fading away. You just got used to the Luca that has been with you for the past few weeks and now he is gone.

You got ready for work and made your way to the office. You had a lot of drafting to do and you also had to finish preparing for 2 other clients who had already signed paperwork 2 weeks ago. Some of the work has been on delay because you have been in and out of the office.

You tried calling Luca during the day but he didn't answer which was weird because he always answers your calls. You were starting to get worried about him because you had this gut-wrenching feel that something was wrong.

You were snapped out of your thoughts by your telephone ringing. You picked up as quickly as possible hoping it was Luca but it was your mom. She sounded weak as her voice echoed from the other side of the line. "Hey Amelia, are you busy?" she asked. "I do have a lot of work to do so if this is not important can you call me during my lunch hour," you said.

Your mother was silent for a long moment before responding."Honey...ummm...I-I'm a bit sick. My organs are shutting down," your mom finally said. You felt your heart drop as your mom told you the news. "You're dying!?" you said with a shakey voice. "I'm sorry honey, the doctors said at this rate I won't be able to make it to the wedding," your mom said with a bit of a voice crack. You could hear her sniffle and you felt as if your life was sucked out of you. Even though you did not have much of a relationship with your mom you didn't want her to die. There was so much to fix. There was a whole lot of years to make up for.

"It's okay mom, you'll be okay. I'm sorry this is happening to you, I don't even know what to say or think," you said as a tear rolled down your cheek. "I'll give you some time dear. We're having a dinner next week for the wedding. Please come?" your mom asked softly. "Okay," you said wiping the tears from your face. Your mom said goodbye and hung up the phone.

The rest of the day was hard for you as your fiance has been MIA and you found out that your mother is dying. That feeling of loneliness had disappeared for merely 20 seconds before finding it's way back to you.

You had only left the office at around 11:20pm because you had a lot of work to do. When you got home it was dark and empty. Luca wasn't home when you arrived so you slept in the guest bedroom and cried yourself to sleep.

The next morning you woke up still alone. You had tried calling Luca before you went to sleep and when you woke up in the morning, but he still didn't answer. He still hadn't come back during the day and at this point it was 4pm.

You sat in the kitchen sipping wine when the door nob twisted open. Luca walked in. He closed the door and looked at you for a long moment. He didn't say anything. "Wow. You really have nothing to say to me?!" you said your voice shakey from your anger. "What is going on Luca? You're acting so weird. What's with the drastic change?" you asked trying to calm down.

Luca avoided your gaze for a while before looking at you coldly. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry you. I just had stuff to do," he said blandly. You stood up and walked closer to him. "You ignored all my calls and texts, I didn't know what to even think. I really needed you yesterday, my mother is dying. She won't be able to come to our wedding and I had to condone alone," you said tears rolling down your face. "You left me, worried and alone at the worst moment of my life."

Luca looked at you, the icy look disappearing from his eyes. He looked at you, but still no sign of emotion. "I'm sorry about your mother Amelia. I didn't mean to leave you alone, I just couldn't come home," he said his voice cracking a little.

"No, you don't get to do that. You can't just come here without an explanation. We are getting married Luca. We're supposed to be open with each other. You're shutting me out," you said your blood boiling.

"Amelia we're getting married but you haven't even told me you love me," Luca said coldly. Your heart sank, his words were ringing in your ears. Hearing him say it out loud made you feel even worse.

You turned around and walked to the guest bedroom. You felt a sting in your chest as your whole world was falling apart even worse than it was before. Just when you thought things were getting better in your life they quickly went back to the way they were. "I didn't mean to..."

Your head shot up and you saw Luca standing in the door way. "I'm sorry," he said softly. You didn't say anything. Even though his words hurt you it was the truth. You still haven't told him you love him. It was hard for you. "Why didn't you come home Luca?" you asked.

His eyes avoided yours as he thought of an answer. You could see that something was wrong. "Please Luca," you whispered softly.

He came to sit on the bed next to you and he caressed your cheek. "I'm sorry I made you worry and I'm sorry about your mom. Things are just a bit messy at work but it's nothing you need to worry about," he said. The icyness in his gaze fades away as he explains. You still have the feeling he is holding something back but you don't want him to go back to the icy man he was a few moments ago.

A/N
I know the drastic change was random but the story had to have some sort of plot yk. I just write what I think as I go cause I have no direction here what so ever so if some things seem wired its because I have no actual plan but the story still comes together at least so yeah.
If you liked this chapter please leave a vote