Chapter 5

Pete POV

I will make myself and Venice a name in my family even if I have to defeat Vegas's father.

I reach Vegas's wing and go into the room that is the office with a sitting area. I sit on the couch and look down to Venice whom is sleeping in my arms.

"Sir Pete, in the room in this wing, we have made up the baby's room. Would you like me to take him there?" The maid said while reaching out for Venice.

I pull Venice closer to me so he is out of reach of the maid. "No I will do it. You can leave." I tell the maid.

She left with her head down.

"Hey Pete!" Macau says as he walks into the room.

"Hey Macau! Want to meet your nephew?" I say happy to see him out of everybody in the house.

Macau comes and sits right next to me. I help him hold Venice properly and Macau just looks at Venice with so much admiration.

"Hey Pete. Can I ask you something?" Macau asks.

"Of course! You can." I say.

"How will you act towards my brother when you actually get married to him?" He asks looking kind of awkward after asking it.

"I mean he has never truly experienced love; just flings. You can tell my father doesn't give it to him and also other mother has passed on so that also can't happen. I know the circumstances that you are being put through are bad but can you please try to at least become friends or even acquaintances." Macau finally finishes his thought.

" I understand what you are getting at but We will have to see when the time comes. As long as he keeps his promise about allowing me to tend to my store as long as I get married to him. If he follows that and allows me to raise Venice the way I want we will be friends but if he doesn't then I will take the whole family down and I will leave with you and Venice to my safe house. And you may ask why I am telling you this is because I know you want to escape this hell too." I tell him.

"Okay but I will never leave without my brother because family comes first." Macau says still allowing Venice to play with his fingers.

"So you guys are planning against me!" Vegas yells once he barges into the room.

He startled Venice who starts wailing. Macau hands Venice to me and exits quickly. But Vegas stops him.

"Oh you are not going anywhere." Vegas tells Macau and tells him to go back to his previous position next to me.

While trying to calm down Venice, who is basically inconsolable at this point because of how scared he was. I am fucking pissed because of this paranoid bastard.

"Your paranoia is so irritating to me. If you would've east dropped the whole conversation you would hear the true reality of Macau actually saying that he wouldn't leave without you and I would become your enemy unless to were break your promises to me." I say rocking Venice to soothe him.

All Vegas does after that is stay silent.

"I am going to leave now. See you Brother and Brother in law." Macau says basically dashing to the door to escape the scene.

"I am going to put Venice to sleep now that he has calmed down. I will meet you in your bedroom because I believe we have some stuff that we need to talk about." I say going to the room that the maid talked about previously.

I arrive at the room and it is actually very cute and has everything we need to take care of Venice but I feel sad because I was actually looking forward to doing this stuff myself. For some reason also I wanted to build a crib, a rocking chair, Etc. with the help of Vegas and I think he would have also enjoyed it too.

I set Venice in the crib and put a blanket on him. I grab one of the baby monitors and quietly close the door. I head towards "our" room. I open the door to see Vegas reading a book on his bed waiting for me to start the conversation.

"Ah there is my gorgeous fiancée." Vegas says putting his book down and stares at me waiting to hear the reason I had asked him to talk.

"Don't flatter yourself. I want to set some rules and possibly clear things. I do want a relationship with you; but I don't know what label I would want to be with you. I know that your father is manipulative and an asshole but that doesn't mean you just have to keep your mouth shut whenever he does something malicious to even the people you care about. You think Macau isn't counting on you everyday to be his supporter and show him brotherly care and love.  Vegas he counts you every time there is a confrontation between him and your father. But now that we have a child together blood related or not you need to also step up to and protect us from your father. I do have an attitude and I do know how to fight but as meaningless as it seems, when you stick up to your father it gets to him a lot more than if I were to do it." I say sitting on the bed next to him.

"I will start saying shit if it will make you happy but don't be surprised if you get hit or punished by my father. I plan to keep Venice safe by raising him by my father's wishes." He says determinedly.

"Are you genuinely stupid? Raising him by your fathers wishes and you told me that you don't strive to be like your father. I believe when you actually grow a pair of balls, I will call you, my husband. But until then all you will be to me is a pussy that can't stick up to their father." I say angrily.

"What the fuck did you just say?" He asked me.

"I said that you are a—" I got cut off when I felt his lips on mine I pushed him away a little caught off guard but still too angry enough at him to not dwell on it.

"I fucking like you, Pete." He says staring at me in the eyes.

I don't know what to say so I just stay silent hoping that he leave the room so I can think.

Eventually he leaves because he doesn't get a response from me. My first thought is to escape with Venice because I know now this marriage won't be for convenience but now for love.