𝟢𝟢𝟨

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

 volume 2 | episode 6BAT-TLE┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐'I bless the rains down in africa!'└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

BAT-TLE
┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
'I bless the rains down in africa!'
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

BATS WERE SCREECHING AND TRYING to tear apart their defences. maeve held the banisher and her shield tightly as the trio stood with their backs to each other as they watched the bats attempt to break in. they suddenly went quiet.
"give up that easily huh?" dustin screamed.
"shh! is that really necessary?" eddie whispered. there was sudden clattering from above. "they're on the roof."
"shit. shit. shit." dustin repeated.
"it's okay. we're fine. they can't break through the defences that easily." maeve said, mainly to call herself. they followed the noise to a vent.
"they can't get in through there can they?" dustin asked. on cue, they burst through, and instantly the three ran to the bat and stabbed the hole over and over again, yelling a battle cry and screaming die over and over again. eddie pulled dustin out of the way and slammed the shield onto the vent. they were all out of breath.
"eddie, there aren't anymore of those little vents in here, are there?" they ran into eddie's room, which suddenly started swarming with bats. eddie pushed dustin and maeve out and shut the door, which wasn't going to hold them all.
"that's not gonna hold!" dustin screamed.
"let's go!" eddie helped dustin up, and he moved as quickly as possible to allow maeve to go. she fell, and waited for eddie, who wasn't looking up.
"eddie, I swear to go, get up, or down, here right now!" she screamed. he let go of the rope, and ran back down. he cut it and moved the mattress. maeve couldn't stop screaming eddie's name. dustin had joined in.
"maeve? listen to me for a second. I have loved these past few days with you. yeah, I might've been wanted for murder, and you might've been cursed, but it was incredible, okay? you catching me in that classroom was the best thing that happened to me. I really wish I could've taught you guitar and how to play dnd. when this is done, dustin, you're the new hellfire leader. teach maeve, please. the banisher deserves to enter the world of dungeons and dragons." eddie said.
"no, no, I won't have to, because you'll be there to teach her!" dustin yelled.
"eddie, what in god's name do you think you're doing?" she screamed.
"i'm buying more time." he ran off.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

MAEVE WIPED HER TEARS AWAY, AND grabbed a chair.
"dustin, I know you're upset right now, but please help me. pass me the mattress." maeve ordered. dustin did as she said. with great difficulty, they managed to throw the mattress far enough so that it fell into the upside down. maeve grabbed on the edges of the gate, and pulled herself through, landing horribly on the mattress. she noticed dustin attempting to do the same, so she moved the mattress away. "dustin, don't you dare! stay! i'm gonna get him back, right now, find another way for us to land safely, okay?" he listened and ran off into the trailer. she saw eddie on a bike further away, but the bats were attacking him. maeve ran back inside and grabbed the guitar. she had no idea how to use a guitar, so she just strummed all the notes, creating a horrible, dissonant sound. eddie turned to face her as the bats all got bored with him and started racing towards maeve. she gripped the banisher's handle tightly, and started running. she ran around the trailer, some bats not paying attention flew straight into the trailer, whilst the others just curved around it with ease. she stumbled over her feet, but quickly regained balance. maeve needed a distraction to keep her running and keep the bats attention. so, she started yelling the lyrics to the first song she could think of.

» [𝖺𝖿𝗋𝗂𝖼𝖺 (𝗆𝖺𝖾𝗏𝖾 𝖼𝗈𝗈𝗉𝖾𝗋'𝗌 𝖼𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋)] «
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

"it's gonna take a lot to take me away from you! there's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do! I bless the rains down in africa! gonna take some time to do the things we never had!" she screamed. eddie watched from afar as he tried to catch up to her, confused, but proud. maeve caught glimpse of eddie smiling and became distracted, allowing some bats to catch up with her. they bit, scratched and injured maeve as much as they could. she waved the banisher and began swinging at all the bats, managing to free herself from some. she tried running again. "hurry boy, she's waiting there for you!" she tried singing again, but her knees gave up on her after running so much. the darkness of the bats covered over her. she screamed in agony as they pierced her skin.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧