𝟢𝟢𝟧

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

 volume 2 | episode 5MASTER OF PUPPETS┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐'seriously, I should not be getting this jealous over a guitar'└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

MASTER OF PUPPETS
┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
'seriously, I should not be getting this jealous over a guitar'
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

A FIELD OF GREENERY, NATURE, AND
a bunch of kids making weapons to fight some evil vine man who's obsessed with the trauma of teenagers. nancy started sawing off part of the gun, as max and maeve watched.
"is this legal?" max asked as she held onto the end of the gun.
"actually, I think it's a felony."
"how lovely." maeve sarcastically smiled.
"but it guarantees one thing. I won't miss." she hit the end of the gun, which easily dropped off.
"hey max?" maeve looked over nancy. "I just wanna say, you're super brave, my little red headed friend. I remember my experience with vecna like it was five seconds ago, and it's haunting me. the fact that you're willing to tempt that experience again, just, yeah. thank you." maeve smiled at max, who had a genuine smile on her face.
"hopefully when all of this is over, we can all hang out when the world isn't about to end." max suggested.
"that would be nice." nancy joined in, putting the bullets into the gun. maeve glanced over to eddie and dustin, and saw eddie ram into dustin and start fighting.
"hang on, let me go sort out that pair." she stood up and ran over to them, but stopped as eddie held dustin and they just smiled at each other.
"hey, never change, dustin henderson. promise me?" he asked.
"wasn't planning on it." dustin responded. maeve smiled.
"oh hey ev, look, we made you one, and the sinclairs are making weapons." eddie ran back and grabbed a shield with spikes.
"oh, nice. I love them. I already have a weapon though." it was maeve's turn to run back. she grabbed her sword which she had been sharpening and wrapping tape around the bottom to make it easier to grip. she posed with her sword dramatically as she revealed it to the boys.
"meet... the banisher." she exclaimed. they both watched it in awe.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THEY SAID THEIR GOODBYES TO MAX, lucas and erica as the rest made their way to the gate.

» [𝗌𝖾𝗉𝖺𝗋𝖺𝗍𝖾 𝗐𝖺𝗒𝗌 (𝗐𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽𝗌 𝖺𝗉𝖺𝗋𝗍)] «
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

the radio was turned on quietly to drown out the silence. they arrived at eddie's trailer, and began setting up to jump into the upside down. steve went through first, landing on his feet and grabbing the mattress for us all. one by one, they all made their way back into the upside down. maeve threw the banisher through the gate, hoping it didn't kill anyone on it's way down, or up, and followed it quickly once steve moved it and helped her up. they all went outside and steve turned around.
"if things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. okay? draw the attention to the bats. keep 'em busy for a minute or two. we'll take care of vecna. don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. okay, you guys are just-"
"decoys. don't worry, you can be the hero, steve." dustin stopped steve's rambling.
"absolutely. I mean, look at us." eddie turned to maeve and dustin. "we are not heroes." steve turned to go, but eddie stepped forward. "hey steve? make him pay." steve nodded before leaving with nancy and robin. maeve waved to nancy as she left, receiving a weak smile back.
"right boys. let's crack on." they began making the trailer a protective bunker for themselves, covering up all entrances and exits, and making sure they should be safe when the bats come. after what seemed to be forever, the trio stepped back, admired their work, before running into the trailer. eddie went into his room, followed by maeve and dustin, and stared at his guitar.
"jesus christ. it's like she was destined for an alternate dimension." he admired the guitar, looking at her up and down.
"I can't believe it. i'm jealous of a guitar." maeve shrugged her shoulders. eddie looked back with a smirk.
"what do you say, henderson, cooper? are you ready for the most metal concert in the history of the world?" he said, picking up the guitar.
"that a rhetorical question?" dustin asked. eddie threw the guitar over his shoulder and ran out the room.
"seriously, I should not be getting this jealous over a guitar." maeve said as she was the last to leave.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

ONCE THEY WERE IN POSITION, MAEVE decided to quickly give eddie one last kiss.
"you're gonna smash it."
"i'm just glad I get to play for you." he admitted. "for chrissy." she said. he nodded as he ripped his necklace off. she kneeled back down by dustin and watched as he prepared.

» [𝗆𝖺𝗌𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝗉𝗎𝗉𝗉𝖾𝗍𝗌 (𝖾𝖽𝖽𝗂𝖾 𝗆𝗎𝗇𝗌𝗈𝗇'𝗌 𝖼𝗈𝗏𝖾𝗋)] «
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

maeve watched in awe as eddie played flawlessly. it was incredible. she almost forgot what they were doing there in the first place. dustin was headbanging along, and eddie was concentrating, but also extremely happy. maeve noticed eddie murmuring the lyrics under his breath and wished she could hear him. his head was banging to the music. he got close to dustin and maeve and played it towards the pair.
"so metal." maeve whispered. dustin checked the binoculars.
"eddie! we gotta lock down in t-minus thirty seconds!" he yelled over the guitar. maeve stood up as she saw the bats flying towards them. "t-minus twenty!" dustin yelled again. eddie nodded, and started playing an incredible riff as he shredded the guitar solo.
"forget the hot wiring, this is perfect!" maeve shouted. eddie looked over and smiled as he continued the riff.
"t-minus ten!" maeve looked at the bats. deja vu hit her harshly as she remembered the last time they were in here.
"dustin, let's go!" she screamed over the music.
"five!" dustin began counting down.
"now dustin!" maeve stared at the bats, close as ever.
"one!" eddie finished the song, and they all ran back into the trailer, climbing down the ladder as quickly as possible. they were all slightly out of breath, but eddie was struggling to catch it after that insane performance. maeve gave eddie the quickest hug ever.
"you were so metal." she smiled before grabbing the banisher.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧