𝟢𝟢𝟨

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

 volume 1 | episode 6SPELLBOUND┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐'us freaks have to stick together'└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

SPELLBOUND
┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
'us freaks have to stick together'
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE GROUP DECIDED TO LET MAEVE complete her guitar mission before they attempted to really quickly figure out how to survive vecna. nancy and robin went to the library, steve and max went to the counsellors house, and maeve and dustin pulled up at a familiar lake. maeve was out the car as quickly as possible, running to the door. she knocked twice, then three times, something they planned in order for eddie to not have a full on panic attack if they knocked on his door. it opened almost suddenly, and maeve jumped into eddie's arms. he was taken aback, but quickly wrapped himself around maeve, who was biting her lip to stop the tears from falling.
"hey, hey, what's wrong? you okay? ev, talk to me." eddie immediately was concerned. she stepped back and looked at eddie, before pulling him into the boathouse. maeve sat him down, and took a deep breath.
"i'm next." she practically whispered.
"for what? what's going on?" eddie asked.
"vecna. he got me. i'm going to die tomorrow." she admitted. she couldn't look him in the eyes as she said this. he placed his hand under her chin, and slightly lifted her face so she was looking at him.
"no. you're not. we're going to find out how to stop the attack." eddie put his hands on her shoulder. "i've only just met you. that's not enough. I need to know more about the other freak of hawkins high. us freaks have to stick together." maeve gave a weak laugh, which made eddie smile. she leaned her head against his chest, and eddie began stroking her hair. the door opened again and dustin was stood there with the guitar.
"oh, I completely forgot. I went to your trailer. I got you the guitar." maeve said. eddie's eyes lit up.
"you did that for me?" as much as eddie felt temptation to go and grab the guitar, he stayed stroking maeve's hair and comforting her. dustin put it down gently on the side.
"c'mon, maeve. we've got to go. we're meeting the others at the school. they might have a lead." dustin waved the walkie. maeve examined eddie's face for potentially the last time before she slowly stood up and walked towards dustin.
"ev. be careful. okay?" eddie said. she nodded, silently taking note of the new nickname he had given her.
"i'll try, ed."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

DUSTIN AND MAEVE ARRIVED AT THE school once it had become dark. walking through the hallways once everything had gone dark was not as fun as it sounds. once they reached the counselling room, they bumped into max, robin, nancy and steve, who were looking through files. maeve looked at the name and saw 'chrissy cunningham' on the front. she snatched the file from max without thinking.
"sorry, just, this was private to chrissy." she explained.
"I get that, it's just- she might be able to help us figure out how to stop vecna." max said. maeve hesitated, before handing it back.
"so what are we looking for exactly?" steve asked.
"symptoms, visions, anything." dustin said. they looked through the files and maeve noticed something familiar.
"wait, headaches, nightmares and nosebleeds? I had all of that." maeve revealed, noticing a weird look from max as she said it. they continued to look at the files, when max seemed concerned.
"max, what is it?" dustin asked. maeve glanced down. something was wrong.
"this is what happened last time, with maeve." steve slightly panicked. maeve waved her hand in front of max's eyes, nothing.
"max, what's wrong?" they all began to ask. a couple of minutes had passed, and finally max jolted awake.
"I saw it. I saw the clock."
max quickly led them to where the clock was, but now all that remains is a wall.
"it was right here." she gestured to the wall. maeve felt slightly more on edge as she realised vecna is most likely close. there was no saving her, they were running out of time. but there's a chance at saving max. she needed to get vecna away from max, so they can buy more time.
"guys, I need to go home. it's late." maeve lied.
"one of us need to go with you, just in case." nancy said. "I can go."
"no, no, it's okay. i'll just take this walkie. i'll call you if things go weird. promise." she smiled as she turned and quickly walked away before they could protest.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE HEADACHE WAS BACK, BUT
maeve knew it wasn't just a headache. she started playing music in the car in an attempt to forget about the headache.

» [𝗅𝗂𝗏𝗂𝗇' 𝗈𝗇 𝖺 𝗉𝗋𝖺𝗒𝖾𝗋] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

she lied about going home. she needed to see eddie one last time. he was there for her when chrissy died, even though he was convicted of her murder. maybe there was something he saw that could save max. she pulled up and raced out the car, knocking in their secret pattern. the door opened and maeve let herself in.
"ev, what are you-" he began.
"when chris died, did you see anything?" she asked. "something that could've saved her, just something, anything?"
"maeve, you're scaring me. slow down. you're asking me about chrissy? the girl you let down? disappointed?" eddie said. maeve backed away.
"no, no, eddie please!" she looked around in terror. the lights flickered on and off. she looked back at eddie only to find vecna.
"she needed help. you knew she was having problems. you let her drown in them." maeve closed her eyes and covered her ears.
"no, shut up. shut up!" she screamed. the radio turned on as electricity surged through the house turning everything on and off, switching the channels multiple times. maeve ran out the house in an attempt to drive away, but her car was no longer there. the outside was no longer there. it was red. it looked like hell. she saw two disfigured people, and recognised a blonde ponytail. "chris?"
"I reserved a spot next to her. for you." the vines wrapped around her limbs and throat, pulling her through the air, landing right next to chrissy.

» [𝖨 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝗂𝗇' 𝗒𝗈𝗎] «
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

both maeve and vecna seemed slightly confused about the ability to hear the music. she instantly remembered the day she danced with eddie in the kitchen. vecna ignored the music and continued to walk to her. his hand opened up in front of her. maeve's focus was turned to the left of her, as she saw eddie screaming at what seemed to be her body floating. she glanced back at vecna, and decided she needed to run. she grabbed and pulled on the vines, which seemed to hurt vecna slightly. she brought her knee up to his stomach as she dropped to the floor, and ran.
"you can run. but you can't hide." vecna's voice echoed throughout this plain of hell. she felt something tug at her foot, and saw a vine. maeve tripped, and ripped the vine off her leg before continuing to run. the music became clearer and clearer. she dodged more pieces of what seemed to be a building. vines were chasing after her quickly, so she jumped.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧