𝟢𝟢𝟪

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

 volume 1 | episode 8CREEL HOUSE┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐'as soon as you get thrown into these not so nice situations, you end up closer with someone you never expected before'└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

CREEL HOUSE
┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
'as soon as you get thrown into these not so nice situations, you end up closer with someone you never expected before'
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

MAEVE WINCED AT THE LIGHT AS SHE rubbed her eyes. last night was rough. after the scare of max almost dying, maeve revealed she was also attacked. harrington, being the babysitter of the group, demanded they all stick together. so that's how they found themselves sleeping in the basement of mike wheeler's house. they insisted on giving max and maeve the more comfier surfaces to sleep on, the couches, but max didn't sleep so dustin took it. maeve however, was too tired to be scared of vecna. as soon as she laid her head back, she was fast asleep. as comfy as the sofa's were compared to the floor, it was still rough. she kept waking up throughout the night, and one time fell on lucas on the floor. one time when she woke up, max passed her this envelope and instructed her not to open it. it was so weird, she thought she was dreaming. maeve's eyes adjusted to the room as they locked onto what woke her up.
"dustin, can you hear me? dustin? earth to dustin." she heard a familiar voice.
"ed, it's maeve." she answered. there was a second pause before eddie realised.
"hey, ev, how are you?" she could hear the sudden change in his voice.
"uh, better. no attacks since. turns out music saves you. so thanks for the cassette tape." she smiled as she talked to him.
"oh, that's, that's- kiss saved you?" eddie sounded confused by the concept.
"I think it was more the memory that saved me." maeve admitted, more quietly. a couple of moments passed before eddie started talking again.
"oh, uh, I just wanted to tell henderson I really need a food delivery, otherwise i'm gonna starve here. oh, and can you pick me up a six-pack? I know it's stupid as shit to be drinking right now, but a cold beer would really calm my jangled nerves." he asked.
"yeah, that's fine, ed. i'll pass it on. before you go, I just wanted to say I appreciate the other day. we may have only have gotten four minutes, but I haven't felt more comforted in those four minutes since- well, for a while." maeve smiled. she heard rustling and saw nancy slowly get up, and quickly start heading upstairs.
"oh- uh. yeah, it felt right. to do. you know, i've only known you for a little bit of time, but I wish I had met you before all this." eddie revealed. it made maeve feel this warmth inside.
"I wish I had met you before all this too, ed." she couldn't help but grin. "well, i'll get you your stuff, stay out of trouble."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

THE SMELL OF PANCAKES FILLED THE kitchen. maeve looked at the plate that was presumably holding all the pancakes, but was now only holding a few. she glanced over at dustin, who was holding around a dozen pancakes.
"take one if you want one." mrs wheeler was surprisingly kind to the stranger in her house.
"yes, another one to take us for all we're worth." mr wheeler grumbled.
"ted! don't worry about him sweetie, take as many as you'd like." mrs wheeler was still nice, but had a hint of hostility towards her husband.
"thank you." maeve smiled and took a pancake and stood by the others. she shifted her attention to the drawing on the table that had been sellotaped together. it was this house, surrounded by red. "what's this?" maeve asked, feeling a sense of familiarity.
"creel house. I saw it when vecna was in my mind. but something was wrong, it was like I wasn't supposed to be there, like something had gone wrong." max explained. it all came back to her.
"did you see anything like this?" nancy asked maeve.
"uh, I think I did. it was definitely red. and the building, yeah I saw it." maeve sighed. nancy grabbed the drawing and ran towards the stairs
"where are you going?" dustin asked.
"waking the others." nancy responded with the others following her confused.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

AFTER KNOCKING DOWN THE WOODEN barricade on the door and smashing the window, the group found themselves in the house of the creels.
"looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill." lucas mumbled, causing dustin to pull out his torch. maeve grabbed her torch and started heading in the same direction as max, both seeing the same thing.
"uh, yo. you lot seeing this or is it just us?" maeve asked. they all crowded around the clock. everyone nodded and responded, allowing maeve to breathe again.
"is that what you saw in your visions? I mean, it's just a clock, right? like a normal old clock. why is this wizard obsessed with clocks? maybe he's like a magical clockmaker or something?" maeve narrowed her eyes and stared at steve as he continued to speak absolute bull.
"I think you cracked the case, steve." dustin teased.
"all I know are the answers are here. somewhere. robin, maeve, upstairs. the rest of you stay in twos." nancy ordered, everyone following it with ease, except steve.
the three went upstairs, looking around everywhere with the torches.
"so you know when they hold you back a year, is it easier? like because you already know the stuff?" robin asked. normally, people would be taking the mick when they ask stuff like that, but maeve could tell robin was genuinely curious.
"oh, uh, the reason I was held back a year is because I missed too much, so it's just like learning everything I would've learnt then." maeve attempted to answer with a smile.
"find anything?" nancy said, poking her head around the corner. they both shook their heads. nancy disappeared to another room, robin continued looking and maeve tried a different room.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

MAEVE OPENED ANOTHER DOOR slightly, making it creak. a figure jumped from inside the room.
"oh, it's you. you scared me." nancy said.
"oh sorry, didn't see you in here, it's so dark."
"you're not seeing any visions or anything, are you?" nancy checked.
"nah, we're all good right now. I don't think we've properly met yet, maeve cooper." maeve held out her hand to nancy.
"nancy wheeler." she took it with a smile. "but I know who you are. you did cheer for ages. the newspaper is always watching the sports games." nancy explained.
"ahh, my cheer days. people always think chrissy must've taught me all that stuff, but it was actually my dad." maeve usually hates talking about her dad, but now, it makes her smile.
"coach cooper?" nancy said, looking more sympathetic than the smile she just had.
"yeah, you wouldn't expect it. the sports coach and teacher giving me lessons on how to cheer. it seemed stupid at the time but now, I would love for him to teach me to cheer." she said. "by the way, thanks for letting me stay at yours last night. I know I was pretty much a total stranger to you but I appreciate it."
"it's okay. you're one of us now." nancy smiled. "the funny thing is, we could all not speak for five years, but throw us into one room and it would be like one day had passed. as soon as you get thrown into these not so nice situations, you end up closer with someone you never expected before." nancy explained. maeve found it oddly comforting, knowing they all accept her as a friend. although that's not the point at the moment, it does bring some peace to her mind. "talking about ending up closer with someone you never expected to, how are you and eddie?" she asked. they continued looking round the rooms together.
"eddie's good. he needs food though." maeve answered, not thinking anything of it.
"I heard you talking to him on the walkie this morning. are you two, like, a thing yet?" nancy continued to ask. maeve stopped looking and shined a light at nancy.
"a thing? no, me and ed, we're just friends." maeve said, sounding unsure herself.
"oh, he's 'ed' now?" nancy chuckled. "listen, i'm not going to act like cupid herself, but from what I heard from your conversation this morning, you two care about each other more than you think. and before you object and say it's all friendly, from what I heard, he saved your life. didn't you say the song caused you to remember a special memory?" nancy explained. "but, of course, i'm not cupid."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧