𝟢𝟢𝟦

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

 volume 1 | episode 4THE POWER OF MUSIC┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐'i've never seen anyone still look good whilst they're sleeping'└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

THE POWER OF MUSIC
┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
'i've never seen anyone still look good whilst they're sleeping'
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

MAEVE RUBBED HER EYES, GROANING as she jolted up. the same dream where she has a chance to save her dad from the fire and fails. as her eyes adjusted to the light, she quickly realised, this isn't her room. it took her a few seconds to recognise where she was. maeve glanced around. she pushed the blanket that was on her to the side, and stood up.
"eddie?" she called out to an empty room. the wind blew a harsh breeze, making her regret not bringing a jacket. she grabbed the blanket and wrapped herself in it. quickly understanding that eddie was not in here, she looked over at the house.
the door opened with a small little push. maeve stepped slowly into the house, and instantly heard a familiar voice humming some metal song. she crept into the kitchen and saw eddie making a sandwich. she sighed with relief, allowing eddie to become aware of her presence.
"there you are." she smiled.
"here I am. do you want a sandwich?" he asked her as he picked up his sandwich and took a bite.
"no, i'm okay thanks. how long was I asleep for?"
"only for an hour." he took another bite of the sandwich after.
"oh wow. I bet I was such great company!" maeve said sarcastically. the wind continued to find it's way to maeve, making her shudder. she pulled the blanket tightly.
"you were. you know, i've never seen anyone still look good whilst they're sleeping. everyone usually does something, like snoring or mouth breathing." eddie chuckled as he finished his sandwich. he wiped his mouth and walked closer to maeve.
"still look good?" maeve couldn't help but smile as she teased eddie. his eyes widened ever so slightly, which was only noticeable because he was so close to maeve.
"well, yeah." he tried to act casual. maeve glanced at the radio on the counter. she walked over to it and turned it on.
"what kind of music are you into?" maeve asked. she looked him up and down. "wait, let me guess. you are a total metal head." eddie put his hands up in the air.
"how on earth did you guess that?" he laughed. he looked maeve up and down. "now, my turn. you're into all the top of the pops, you know, charting music and that, aren't you?" he crossed his arms as he moved towards maeve.
"hmm, I guess I dabble. I never really stick to one genre? I appreciate all different kinds of music."

» [𝗆𝖺𝗍𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖺𝗅 𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅] «
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

"like this?" eddie said, pointing to the radio.
"this song is good, okay? take away the fact that it's 'charting' or in 'top of the pops'. actually, appreciate it." she laughed as she grabbed eddie's hands and turned him to face the centre of the room. she unwrapped the blanket like it was a big costume reveal and threw it on a chair. "some boys kiss me, some boys hug me, I think they're ok!" maeve started singing and dancing in the middle of the room. she grabbed a broomstick that was leaning against the wall and used it as her mic stand, making eddie laugh. "if they don't give me proper credit, I just walk away." she found herself giving the performance of her life and laughing with eddie. she pointed at him as part of her 'dance routine', and gestured for him to join her. he shook his head, smiling. she nodded as she used her imaginary lasso and pulled him towards her. he rolled his eyes as he dragged himself to maeve, moving to be right beside her. she looked up at him as he's slightly taller, and for a second forgot what she was originally doing. "so we are living in a material world, and I am a material girl!" she started singing again. eddie sighed as he started dancing with her, gently grabbing her hands as they danced in the kitchen together. they laughed and sang as the song ended.
"that was fun, but this is my music." eddie went to the radio again and changed the station. maeve went to protest, but eddie interrupted before she could speak. "I listened to yours, now it's time you listen to mine. it's only fair!" he put his hands up again as the music started.

» [𝖨 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝗂𝗇' 𝗒𝗈𝗎] «
⇄   ◃◃   ⅠⅠ   ▹▹   ↻

maeve pulled a surprise face when she realised it wasn't half bad. "yeah, yeah see? you like it!" eddie exclaimed. maeve smiled.
"hmm, not sure." she teased. "maybe, to fully enjoy it, I need to do this." she grabbed the broomstick she previously used as a mic and turned it into her guitar.
"that's it!" eddie clapped and cheered. "join us metalheads." they laughed together and played air guitar together throughout the song, with eddie singing the lyrics under his breath. he grinned as he looked at maeve. he noticed something, causing his grin to turn into concern. "hey, maeve, your nose." eddie stopped. maeve wiped her nose on her hand and saw the blood. she shrugged it off.
"it's fine. I get them sometimes." she grabbed a tissue and wiped away the blood. she noticed eddie's face. "hey, it's okay. i'm fine. I probably 'head banged' too hard." she laughed, and gradually eddie returned to his normal self and continued dancing.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

AFTER MULTIPLE SONGS AND NOW becoming official air guitarists, it was later than they realised.
"hey, hopefully i'll be able to actually play for you one time." eddie said.
"what do you mean?" she asked.
"I play guitar. I had to leave her at home though. can't really run away from supernatural beings and grab my guitar. nah, unfortunately she remains in her place. but, I will play for you. that's a promise."
"you'd better, eddie munson. i'd better get back. my mom might think I, well, did something to myself. the last she saw of me today was my breakdown after the police wouldn't stop asking all these questions about chris." maeve joked, but eddie didn't laugh. the slight change in his facial expression showed... care?
"jeez, that sucks. i'm so sorry. you don't deserve this and neither did chrissy. i'll see you soon, hopefully." maeve smiled as she walked towards the door slowly, not wanting to leave. "hey, maeve?" eddie called after her. she quickly turned around and faced him. "don't go doing anything, you know, to yourself. people care about you. even though this world is a messed up place and there's a literal demon underneath us, your disappearance would just... yeah. take care, okay?" he said, with a serious but caring tone to his voice.
"i'll be okay, eddie." maeve smiled. the pair stared at each other for a few seconds before a loud clock chimed from the other room. "it's only four o'clock?" maeve looked around for the clock, confused at the time.
"what do you mean?" eddie frowned at her.
"the clock. it just chimed. but it's wrong, because there's no way it's only four. better get that checked. bye, eddie." she opened the door and looked back to him as she stopped. "oh, and, thank you."

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧