𝟢𝟢𝟫

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

 volume 1 | episode 9SKULL ROCK┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐'what happened to staying low, idiot?'└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

SKULL ROCK
┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐
'what happened to staying low, idiot?'
└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

» [𝖨 𝗐𝖺𝗌 𝗆𝖺𝖽𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋 𝗅𝗈𝗏𝗂𝗇' 𝗒𝗈𝗎] «
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

MAEVE HUNTED AROUND THE ROOM for some kind of answer as to why this freak was cursing her. nancy had left to go help steve as he was heard from the bathroom yelling. kiss was playing loudly in her headphones as she lifted the torch up, noticing the electricity was going weird. she remembered back to when she got cursed, and how the electricity saved her life by going haywire. she turned up the volume even more for good measure. maeve walked down the hallway, humming to kiss. she turned around and jumped at the sight of steve and the others walking past her with a torch. as nancy walked past, she turned maeve's torch off and gestured for her to follow. they were led by the torch all the way to the attic. they all pointed their torches up into the air as they shined brighter than they were before. maeve shrugged her shoulders in confusion at nancy, who simply mouthed 'vecna'. they watched for a few seconds, before all the flashlights started breaking one by one. maeve covered her face as hers broke, taking her by surprise. steve seemed to check her as she had let out a yell of surprise, but she was okay.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

AFTER FINDING THE POLICE AT
eddie's hiding spot and finally hearing off eddie, the group made their way to skull rock. with steve and dustin arguing about north and directions, lucas and max flirting, maeve had lost all motivation and hope. she felt someone nudge her shoulder.
"hey, you okay?" nancy asked.
"oh, yeah. just tired. didn't get much sleep last night." she lied. she got no sleep last night.
"we're gonna find eddie. we're almost there. then, you two can have a reunion or whatever and we'll continue figuring out vecna's deal." nancy attempted to make maeve feel better. skull rock  finally came into view, but eddie wasn't in sight. maeve ran to the rock as steve and dustin once again argued about a compass.
"can't admit you're wrong, butthead." steve said. maeve continued to look under the rock for eddie.
"I concur, you dustin henderson, are a total butthead." maeve heard a voice she thought she'd never hear again. dustin hugged eddie as maeve turned around and saw eddie standing there. once dustin and eddie had finished hugging, he noticed maeve. "thank god." he muttered under his breath, but it was still loud enough for maeve to pick up on.
"what happened to staying low, idiot?" she asked, still unsure if she was dehydrated and imagining things.
"shit went down. could've really done with you, ev." he said. maeve couldn't hold back her smile any longer and ran into his arms. he quickly responded, with one arm around her waist and the other holding onto her head. both of them holding on with no intention of letting go.
"eddie, we have your food here. and six pack." steve interrupted. eddie loosened his grip. he glanced down at maeve who smiled and let go. he sat down under skull rock with his stuff as he began explaining.

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧

"when I got to the shore, I tried calling you guys, but, uh... my walkie was busted, man. drenched. so, uh, I did the thing that I do now, apparently. I ran." eddie had meant it as a joke, but maeve put her hand on his knee as a sense of comfort.
"do you know what time this was? the attack?" nancy asked, causing eddie to start undoing his watch.
"yeah, no, I... I know exactly what time it was. my walkie wasn't the only thing that got soaked." he threw his watch to nancy.
"9:27." it read.
"same time our flashlights went kablooey." robin said. maeve silently sighed.
"which means what, exactly?" steve asked.
"that that surge of energy was vecna attacking patrick." nancy explained.
"well, we're one step closer. we know how vecna attacks." robin said, trying to get everyone to look on the bright side, but maeve couldn't help but still feel hopelessness.
"and where he attacks from."
"so now we just need to sneak into his lair in the upside down and drive a stake through his heart." max joked sarcastically.
"if he has a heart." robin added.
"and presuming we can get to him without being killed or cursed." maeve decided to also add.
"a stake? is he like a vamp- is he a vampire?" steve said, not catching on.
"it was a metaphor."
"a bullet should work on him, right?" eddie suggested.
"I say we chop his head off." lucas said, gaining maeve's nod of agreement.
"all of the above, but we can't do any of that 'til we find a way into the upside down." nancy reminded everyone.
"we need el to get her powers back."
"everything was way easier. we had this girl. she had superpowers." steve began telling maeve and eddie again.
"superpowers. yeah, you mentioned her. hey, uh, henderson's not, uh, cursed, is he?" they all turned to look at dustin, who was walking back and forth.
"cursed? no, no. he's fine. mental? absolutely." steve looked at eddie like they had an understanding of dustin.
"boom!"

✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧⋄⋆⋅⋆⋄✧