XXI

❦This chapter is mostly back story❦

"Well I know you want to take things slow" I nodded my head— I wasn't 100% if I was ready for the intimate part of this relationship.

"And I don't mind doing that... I don't want to make you uncomfortable" I smiled at his comment.

"Let's just chill and watch a movie?" Damon nods his head agreeing.

~~

We arrived at his Place. I had no extra clothes so you resorted to wearing Damon's clothes. I caught him smiling the moment I left the bathroom.

"Okay, what movie do you want to watch?" I had no clue— movies aren't my thing.

After about fifteen minutes later we decided to watch Thirteen Turning Thirty. Gradually I started to get fascinated with the movie and the main character. But my attention quickly drifted once I got a text message from Maddie.

Maddie💜: I won't be able to make it home tonight. My mom wants to see me :(  Hope your date with Damon went well😘

After that, Damon and I weren't able to finish the movie, as the conversation between us got more interesting than the movie itself.

"Did I ever tell you the day Axel and I met?" I shook my head— Confused yet interested in this topic.

"Grade 7. In Mr.Lee's English class. He was known as the quiet kid; everyone was quite fearful of him because they assumed he was THAT type of quiet kid" We both laughed.

"I felt bad and decided to become friends with him. We were closer than anything— people even thought we were siblings at some point" He chuckles.

"Then we went to high school and it seemed like everything changed. It was as if everything was a competition between us. When he found out we had the same classes together, he would try his best to make a higher grade than me." There was a pause as if he was trying to figure something out.

" I knew something was wrong with this 'friendship' when I told him I had a crush on you and he suddenly started talking to you and then dating you" A feeling of guilt spread across my body— if only I weren't so oblivious I could've chosen Damon and prevented all of this from happening.

"I was so hurt I couldn't even focus in school, and to be honest. I think that was his plan. But eventually, you and I became friends so it did make things better" I smiled a little.

"But ever since then, I wanted to see how far he'd take things. I went to Brown(University), He went to Brown. I majored in Business, he majored in Business. I opened my company and not even a day later he inherited his father's company" My eyes widened in disbelief.

"This has to be jealousy, "I said in my head.

"The day Axel found out you were going to be working for him he called me — I couldn't believe it, I honestly thought you moved away and was planning to never come back here after the breakup. So I made my way there and that's when we bumped into each other. And the moment you left things took a slight turn." I raise my eyebrow.

"When you left, Apparently when I asked you out on that date; Axel didn't like that. He broke every single thing around him. And so he tried to hit me" Damon starts laughing.

"I almost got arrested" I didn't know whether or not I should laugh or be shocked.

"After that, I decided to go to my bar to get some drinks, that's when I saw you and here we are now" He fake laughs before signing.

The pieces were finally connecting. Everything was starting to make sense.

"Anyways, enough about him. I'm getting hungry. Are you hungry?"

Can't wait for the next chapter :/ (Don't hate me)

Tiktok: swywattpad101