XVIII

"So you guys are meeting up where again?" Maddie asked looking through my closet so she could find the right outfit for me.

"The Restaurant" I answered. Maddie turns around and looks at me. "The one you went to?" I shook my head no.
"Like the one we all used to go to?" I nodded my head. "Perfect"

~

"Thank you," I say hugging Maddie. "You're welcome. Make sure you take tons of photos. This outfit is just-" I laugh at Maddie's wide eyes. "Thanks, Maddie I'll see you later okay?" Maddie smiles before shutting the door.

As I looked at the restaurant window, I could see Damon pacing around. He looked different--happy, energetic, and healthy. I turned towards Maddie who had a thumbs up, she quickly drives away making me laugh a little.

"Y/N?" I looked over at Damon who was now staring at me. I walked toward him. He looked amazing and smelled amazing too.

"You look beautiful" I smiled. "Thank you, you look good also"

[The outfits ;) ]

We silently walked into the restaurant together

We silently walked into the restaurant together. The restaurant was much smaller, cozier, and luxurious at the same time. For the first five minutes, we sat there awkwardly.

"Do you remember when we used to dress up in the nicest clothes we had in our closet and pretend we were the richest people here?" I chuckled. "I do, And we use your parent's credit card?" Damon laughs.

Things seemed to return to normal after that. Our relationship was comfortable. How it used to be like that when we were young.

"Y/N?" I look over my shoulder and gasp once I see my old English teacher from high school, Mrs.Davis. She glances at Damon and does a double take and gasps once she recognizes Damon.

"You two look amazing!"We both stand up and hugged her. "How have you guys been?!"

"We've been good how are you?" She smiles."I've been really good" I noticed Mrs. Davis's eyes scatting around my fingers. "No ring?" I shook my head and forced a smile on my face.

"I haven't found the one yet" Mrs. Davis's eyebrow raises. "Lies. How long have you and Damon been dating now anyways? Like 8 years right?" Damon and I both start laughing.

"No ma'am that was Axel and me. But we only dated for 5 years" Mrs.Davis looked puzzled.

"Okay then...marry Damon...I liked you two together anyways" I looked at Damon and back at Mrs.Davis. We awkwardly laughed. Suddenly an old man came and grabbed Mrs. Davis's hands.

"Sorry about that my wife always says the craziest things" I nodded my head, forcing a laugh."It's fine" The couple both walked away. Mrs.Davis waved goodbye.

We ate our food and continued to talk. I tried to pay for the meal but Damon insisted that he'd pay. Even after going back and forth for five minutes. Someone found a way to pay when I went to the bathroom.

~

"Oh my gosh, Isn't that the park we use to go to when we were younger?!" Damon laughed at my excited voice, "it is" he says in a mocking tone.

I looked at him and smiled. "You wanna-" I shook my head. "Don't you think we'll look old and weird doing that?" Damon looked offended for a second before laughing.

"First of all, 27 isn't old. And no I don't think it's old" Damon says taking his watch off. I looked at Damon and laughed. "We only live once you know?"I finally gave in.

Jumping out of the car we ran to slides and slid down multiple times. I was restricted on some of the things I wanted to do because of my dress. Once Damon found out he stopped playing on the monkey bars and grinned.

"Wanna go don't the swings?" I nodded my head. We walked to the swing set and sat down on the swing. Damon starts to push me softly. "Do you remember the time when I pushed you so hard on the swings that you fell and was limping for a week straight?" I turned my head and glared at Damon who started chuckling.

"I do remember that, I don't even know why I'm trusting you to push me right now anyways" Damon smirks before looking at me.

"It's because you love me" I rolled my eyes. I was happy he couldn't see me— I was smiling my heart out.

~

We were now standing outside my door. Damon had to go but I didn't want him to leave.

"How about this," Damon says holding my hand. "I'll come to pick you up tomorrow morning and we can spend the rest of the day together" I suddenly remember I had to go back to work. "After work?" Damon nods his head. I sighed before reluctantly agreeing.

Damon smiles before glancing down at my lips and back at my eyes. "I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I frowned a little making Damon laugh. " I promise" I nodded my head. We both stood there in silence--both glancing at each other's lips. Before anything could happen my phone rings.

I rolled my eyes. Damons chuckles. "I'll see you later okay? Goodnight" He bends down a little and kisses me on the cheek. The area he kisses becomes hot and the print of his kiss still lingers even though it was a small peck on the cheek. He walks away as I answer the phone.

"Hello?" "Yeah Y/N. I know you don't want to talk to me but I need to see you tomorrow" It was Cassie. "Okay"

:)