XVII

I was now sitting in the Cafe, speechless at his sudden disappearance. I picked up the bag and walked out of the place.

"And he just walked out?" Maddie was rubbing the bridge of her nose and cringed at Damon's actions. I nodded my head. "I didn't expect him to do that.." Maddie nods her head and her eyes shift to the bag.

"What's in the bag?" I glanced at the bag and shrugged my shoulders. "Don't know. You look at it" Maddie side-eyes me. "No you look at it.. it wasn't given to me." Maddie picks up the big red bag and places it on my lap, knocking my phone off my lap. I groaned in annoyance before looking into the bag.

There was a white medium size bag that I pulled out. I put the red bag down and looked at the white bag. "It's a bag in a bag" I looked inside the white bag and I pull out my dress. It looked cleaner than the last time I saw it.

"It's just my dress" I mumbled. I put the dress back into the white bag and got back on my phone. Maddie glares at me. She snatches my phone out of my hand. "Y/N." You stared at Maddie and glanced back at the red bag. There was more in there which caught me by surprise.

"Um," I put my hand in the bag and took out the first thing I felt, it was thick and could easily be compared to a book. I take it out and a small smile forms on my face.

"It's a photo book?" I looked through it,

[Photo References]

[ I was going to overdo it but decided to stop]

I found myself smiling too hard. The forgotten memories we shared were now something that would forever burn into my brain. Once we were done looking at the photos I glanced up at Maddie who had a smile on her face.

"What?" I asked covering my face. She nods her head and continues smiling.

"Is there anything else in the bag?" I shrugged my shoulders and picked up the red bag.

I noticed cards on the side of a box and cards next to it. I looked at Maddie who was smiling.

"I think you should read at least one of the cards" I grabbed some cards and smiled.

I opened the card and see he wrote some words himself:

"I'm not good at expressing my feelings or explaining how I feel about things. But I want to apologize for bringing up the past. The first time I met you, I wanted to know Y/N for Y/N. You were the light in my life that I never knew I needed until now. Once again I'm sorry"

Multiple cards had paragraphs explaining how much Damon loved me. Something Axel never did, something no one has ever done for me.

I couldn't stop smiling, my cheeks were starting to hurt but it was worth it. "Give him another chance Y/N" I looked up at Maddie, unsure whether or not to listen to my heart. I glanced at the card and photo book.
~
"Y/N?" Damon's voice sounded happy, which made you smile. "Yeah Damon..are you free tomorrow?"

AAAAAAAAAAAAHGGH