IX

Damon smiles. He looked different. Maybe because he was wearing a suit the last time I've seen him. But his messy hair and wife-beater with grey sweatpants were doing him justice. How could anyone look this perfect when they first wake up?

¨Are you okay?¨ He asked, his voice sounding worried. ¨Yeah why?¨ Damon looks at me for a second before chuckling. ¨I guess you don't remember what happened last night¨ Damon walks away and my mouth drops.

How could I remember what happened last night?! I was blackout drunk! And I don't know if I should be assuming the worse, but I needed answers. I followed him and nearly bumped into him

¨Why'd you say it like that?¨I ask as we walked towards the kitchen. ¨Say what like what?¨ I could hear the smile in his voice that made me feel even more worried.

We make it to the kitchen. "Don't play dumb Damon, answer my question¨ I attempted to sound demanding but it sounded more like pleading. Damon ignores me and grabs an apron. He ties it from the back and looks at me for a second. ¨I'll tell you once I'm done cooking us breakfast¨ He grabs a hair tie and puts his hair in a small bun. I tried to make a fuss but eventually gave up once he started to hum loudly to a song I never heard of.

I sat down in the chairs and watched him cook. While cooking he hands me a cold water bottle. ¨Why are you giving this to me?¨ ¨You rather have a cold shower or drink cold water?¨ I opened the water bottle and started to drink from it making Damon laugh.

My nose was quickly filling up with the scent of bacon. About thirty minutes later Damon places the plate down in front of me. The smell of freshly baked cake, hot maple syrup, sweet cream butter, and rich buttermilk from the pancake made my mouth watery. The rest of the food looked amazing.

¨So

¨So...if I eat. You'll tell me what happened last night?¨I ask looking at him. Damon takes his Apron off and places it behind a chair before sitting down. ¨Yeah¨

15 minutes later.

¨Okay, ¨ My plate was empty. Not one bit of crumb or food was left on that plate. ¨Tell me everything¨

Don't get your hopes up