Ch 68 : Cousins!

"I am your cousin Your Highness. Princess Lilianna's daughter."

Arius stared at her with confused eyebrows.

My . . . cousin? Princess Lilianna? Mom. . . had a sister?

A  chuckle escaped Millicent's mouth.

"You seem more surprised than I expected. "

"Okay wait, Mom had a sister?"

"Yes, An older sister. My mother was the first princess of Feradona. My father fell in love with my mother once when he came as part of the delegation for the peace treaty with Obelia."

"That's. . ." Arius tried to process it all.

"You don't need to consider us Villareals a cousin if you don't feel comfortable."

"No! That's not it! It's just, I'm ashamed to admit I never knew mom had a sister. So . . .this is a lot."

The two stood in silence for a while as the breeze calmed their faces.

". . .Princess Lilianna was seen as a disgrace to the royal family of Feradona. So not many spoke of her. . . At one point her name was erased from the royal family tree. So it is normal for many to not know of her."

". . .Might I ask why she was a disgrace?"

Millicent looked at Arius for a good five seconds before shaking her head.

"When you're a bit older." She smiled, very faintly.

Woah, okay. Let's process this all. I had an aunt. Princess Lilianna vi Feradona.  The Villareals are my cousins.

"Alright. " Arius replied.

A strong breeze passed them, causing Millicents long open hair to go out of control. 

"Perhaps we should head back inside." She suggested trying to maintain the hair behind her ears.

"Sure."

________

The two were now inside. Arius had processed the information he had gotten, but was still extremely shocked. Nevertheless he still maintained the conversation with Millicent. He still had things to ask her.

"Lady Millicent, would you please tell me about Feradona? Its cultures, traditions and so on. I would love to visit it someday, when I'm older."

"I'm afraid there's not much to tell. My father, although preserved much of Feradona's true culture, he faced several issues and had to change many things. That being said I will tell you all that remains now."

The two discussed Feradona for what seemed like a few minutes yet in reality was an hour.

They discussed the traditional dresses of Feradona, their religion, festivals and holidays. Food that was unique to their kingdom. The language of Feradona, Ispal, which was quite underrated. The Feradinies were more fluent in Obelian than Ispal, which lead to the decline of the language.

The two still had so much to discuss, but Arius decided to begin his plan.

"Feradona used to be famous for its pottery. Many of the famous potteries were bought by the royal family and we have them in our Palace. I will show you when you visit."

"I'm really looking forward to it." Arius smiled. "Speaking of which, I heard there was an ancient tradition of burning a woman to death after her husband dies."

"Yes. . . the reasoning behind it was. . ."

"It's getting quite late, I will visit tomorrow and we can continue this discussion if you're free. " Arius stood up.