Ch 38 : Busy Dad

The siblings met up on their way for breakfast. Accompanied by their knights the two headed back to Garnet Palace. On their way, they were greeted by a servant.

"Greetings Your Royal Highnesses, I have message from his Majesty. "

The siblings were surprised by this and half worried.

Dad wasn't in the room when we woke up either.

He was acting strange last night as well.

"Go on." Arius told the man.

"He asks that the two of you enjoy breakfast together as he is busy with an audience."

"Daddy's...busy?" Athanasia mumbled under her breath.

"I see, Thank you for your work. My sister and I will then eat in Emerald Palace. By any chance would you know when the audience would be over?" Arius asked the servant who flinched upon the question.

"I-I don't know, Forgive me your highness." The servant dramatically bowed. "The audience was supposed to be over some while before but due to some reasons the noble is still discussing matters with His Majesty."

Pesky Nobles.

Athanasia clutched Arius's shirt and signaled towards the servant with her eyes.

He was trembling and still bowing down.

"I see, you can stop bowing."

Arius gave Athanasia a nod and the two gave the servant an angelic smile, before saying, "Thank You. "

The servants fear immediately disappeared when he saw the two little children in front of him. 

Arius and Athanasia turned and began walking back to the Emerald Palace, leaving the servant awestruck by their cuteness.

---

The two siblings sat on the dining table, waiting for their breakfast to be brought in.

"Dad's busy...Why does that sound so strange?" Athanasia voiced her thoughts.

"He is the emperor. But the servant said the meeting was prolonged cause of nobles...Dad isn't usually the type to just let nobles do whatever. Is something going on?" Arius added his thoughts.

The two looked at each other and just sighed.

"It's just one meal. Why're we thinking so much about it if Dad is busy? "

"Right, we're becoming spoiled and too used to having Dad around."

The two nodded with their conclusion.

Thud

In came the maids with the breakfast.

Arius eyes sparkled in this opportunity. "I want coffee as well." He asked one of the maids.

Athanasia looked at Arius with a 'Dude.' expression.

" Via would be mad with you if she found out. " Athanasia told him, in Pascal's official language. She didn't want the maids to know Arius was asking for something he was forbidden from drinking.

"She's in the Sapphire Palace. Plus Its only just once." Arius replied back in the same language.

"Then I want Lippe tea as well." Athanasia ordered.

The maids bowed before leaving to fulfill their demands.

The siblings enjoyed their breakfast, with their preferred drinks. They exchanged their drinks for a tasting. And as Athanasia thought, coffee is just not her thing. Arius still liked the tea, it was sweet and refreshing.