Ch 20 : Rescue Plan Begins

.
.
After discussing the plan

"Then let's go after sunset" Felix concluded and the discussion was over.

"Excuse me , I'll let the knights know about this and have a look at the bakery."

"Okay, we'll meet you there in a while." Gunther stated as everyone stood up.

"I'll be going with the knight." Arius declared as he went to Felix. "I want to ask him about a lot of things!" Arius said as his tone showed a hint of excitement. The others agreed to that and so currently Felix and Arius were walking back to the bakery.

"Your Highness, I can't allow you to go with me. I'll prepare a carriage for you to head back to the castle. "

"..."

'well I can't argue with him... Dad is quite overprotective of me some times. But I want to help them out... but I'm useless, I can't even use magic right now. But I said I'd help... '

Felix stopped walking and kneeled in front of Arius. "Your highness, please leave this matter to me. I will make sure all the children are safe by the end of this. And do not worry I will tell those children an excuse about your absence."

"I understand..."

Felix's face brightened up.

Now they were almost at the bakery and as soon as they reached Felix ordered a knight to arrange a carriage for the prince. A while later , Arius was sitting in the carriage waving goodbye to Felix as the carriage and a few personally selected knights by Felix were escorting him back. 

----

The sun had set and it was time. Time for their plan to begin. Willow was guiding them to the area where the auction was going to be held. A mansion. An abandoned mansion in an isolated and dark area. The mansion would normally be empty but Willow upon her search yesterday found servants cleaning the whole place spotless. Upon investigating further, Winslow found children being kept in the basement.

When they reached the mansion they saw masked people heading inside. They wore lavish clothes but had masks on their faces so as to not reveal themselves. At the entrance, they gave a card to allow their entry.

"Hey...do we have a card like that?" Gunther asked.

Winslow pulled one out and handed it over to Felix, along with a mask to cover his face.

"Where did you- when did you-"

Winslow gave him a smile. A slightly creepy one.

Winslow , Gunther and Willow were going to enter from the backdoor in secret, while Felix entered from the front with the card and mask. Felix didn't completely believe the children's words that's why he was going to see it for himself before stepping in to arrest those people.

The children made their way to the back door,  which as Winslow predicted was open. They stealthily made their way inside. It was quite dark inside, but they kept moving forward to look for the stairs to the basement. Luckily they ran in to no adults.

*Thud*

"Ow" Gunther groaned.

"What happened "

"I hit a wall."

Winslow came closer to inspect the 'wall' Gunther had bumped into and it was revealed to be a door. Winslow slightly turned the door knob and quietly and slowly opened the door to peek outside. It was a grand hallway with blinding lights and decorations. No one stood in the hallway so the three decided to step out from the dark place.

"Willow, where to now?" Gunther asked.

Willow pointed at the left side of the hallway. The two boys nodded and started cautiously making their way to the end of the hallway.

-----

They followed Willow's instructions and now found themselves to the door of the basement. They ran into no adults probably because they were busy with the auction at the front of the mansion.

They opened the door and headed into the basement. The basement was completely dark.

"*sigh* If Arion was here, he could just make a flame to give us light." Gunther spoke in a disappointed voice.

"Well, he suddenly felt ill,  Sir knight took him back to his house. What's done is done." Winslow said.

*Clack*

The basement door suddenly opened and all three children flinched by this. Beads of sweat trickled down their foreheads. Gunther and Winslow took out their daggers and Winslow simply stepped behind them.

*Step*

*Step*

"You-"
.
.
.

[A/N] : Vote and Comment