Ch 52 : Long Awaited Peace Attained

The little prince marched in the hallways with his father following him. They entered the dining room which was currently empty and the prince gestured for his father to sit.

"You ordered Vivia Lennox something? An Imperial Order?" Arius asked, his eyes glowing ice cold.

"Did she annoy you again?"

"Very much so, she's in the reception room and she wasn't listening to what I said over the excuse of following your orders."

Claude sighed, "I'll go deal with her."

"No. You're not going near that woman. And firstly what is this imperial order?"

"Since Felix has gone to Feradona, I asked Vivia to come to the capital. She's an annoying woman but her skills as a swordswomen are as good as Felix. She's been visiting the castle daily to patrol the area and provide help in case any more assassins appear. "

Arius was about to say something but Claude began before his son could interject.

"But, I recieved a report from Felix saying he is returning soon. He will most probably be here in one more day."

"Really!? He is? how did things in Feradona go? " Arius excitedly ran up to Claude with his eyes brimming with curiosity.

Claude placed a hand on Arius's head and said, "Why don't you ask Felix about that when he returns?"

"I will! "

"Now, you should go back to Athanasia, you were worried about her. I'll tell Vivia she can start packing her stuff and leave." Claude stood up

"No, I'll go. You stay with Athy, she'd like to spend more time with you as well."

"But-"

"I'll be fine." Arius smiled.

----

Arius went to the reception room again, Gunther following him.

"Welcome back your Highness."

Arius ignored them and sat on the couch.

"I have discussed it with the emperor and I will once again ask you to leave."

"I've already said-"

"Felix will be returning soon, The emperor no longer needs your services. " Arius glared at the woman.

"T-Thats still...I'll wait until he returns before I leave."

"Do as you wish, but for now leave the Palace. You can leave the Capital after he returns, but leave the Palace. Now."

"Is this how you treat your guests from the countryside? " Vivia fisted her hands and lowered her head.

"I came all the way from the borders. And now you're just gonna kick me out. "

"Mother, calm down..." Vincent spoke from beside her.

"How can I be calm when this little-"

Gunther pointed his sword to Vivia's neck. "Blasphemy against a member of the imperial family is punishable by life imprisonment."

Vivia shut her lips and bursted out of the Palace.

Gunther and Arius gave out a deep sigh. His knight then asked,"Did I do okay?"

"Perfect work. Keep shutting people up like that for me, please."

"As you wish." Gunther smiled.

-----

Arius marched back to Athanasia's chamber's and on the way found the two in the dining room. The table was set for dinner and so the family of three began to eat.

It felt nice. All three of them eating once again in peace. They talked about all sorts of things and had loads of fun.

The royal siblings were happy. Really happy.

"There will be a few guests coming along with Felix."

Arius and Athanasia looked at Claude with that look. And Claude immediately began to explain further.

"The Governor of Feradona, Isaac Villareal was killed by some rebels within Feradona." Usually such a subject of killing shouldn't be brought up in front of kids. But Claude knew his children were mature for this. Arius had experienced assassination attempts and Athanasia was also quite calm during those attempts.

"He has four children. The eldest has taken care of the rebels and executed them. They left the mastermind alive and will be bringing him here for me to punish myself. These rebels were also the ones behind your assassination attempts. " Claude looked at Arius who nodded.

"So who's the guest exactly?" Athanasia asked, finally gulping down that huge piece of cake she began chewing when Claude started speaking.

"Since Isaac is dead, I must bestow the title of Governor on his successor. So the eldest Villareal will be coming here. According to Felix's report, the youngest siblings would also be accompanying her with the second oldest left to manage the territory."

Athanasia didn't look to excited, while Arius who was already interested in Feradona was dying to meet them.

"Daddy, do you know the ages of the younger siblings!" Athanasia was not ready to babysit some children so she absolutely had to ask.

"I don't." Claude said as he drank his tea. Tea, at night. That's Claude for you.

"Dad, do you..." Arius looked at Athanasia, this was very common in his past life so he decided to ask Claude as well. "Do you know our ages?"

Athanasia also leaned on the table to hear Claude's answer. Claude simply took a long, very long sip of tea.

"..."

"So you don't know!"

"Daddy how could you!"

"Twelfth February and third December. " Claude spoke quickly before bringing the tea cup to his mouth again.

"So you know the day we were born but not the year." Arius chuckled.

"Daddy! I'm seven." Athanasia announced.

"And I'm eight. Athy's gonna be eight in a few months."

"I can't believe you don't know our ages." Athanasia pouted.

"You can't forget them now."

"I won't. " Claude silently answered.

The family finished their desserts and tea and now it was time for bed. Claude personally went to tuck his children in bed.

First the Emerald Palace,

"Goodnight daddy!"

"Goodnight." Claude leaned forward to kiss his daughters forehead.

And then the Sapphire Palace.

"Goodnight, Arius."

"No."

Claude stared at his son, tucked in his blankets.

"Dad, did the doctors tell you how Athy was healed?"

"They...didn't know."

"A magician I know healed her, Lucas."

Claude who was sitting at the edge of the bed shifted to a more comfortable position since this conversation might take long.

Arius took a moment to try to explain everything.

"Its best to have Lucas explain her condition to you than myself." Arius concluded after thinking about it.

"Alright. It's getting late. Time to sleep."

"Goodnight, Dad." Arius smiled before turning to a side.

.
.
.

Vote and Comment!