Ch 24 : Peace and New Beginnings

The moon had disappeared as the sun was now illuminating the earth. Arius was awoken by Olivia in the Ruby Palace. He was bathed and dressed and soon stood beside his sister as they were waiting for Felix to escort them to the Garnet Palace for their daily breakfast with the emperor.

Arius had told Athanasia everything that occurred last night and Athanasia was amazed to say the least. That aside Arius was scared to attend breakfast, because he knew there was so much to explain to Claude. And he didn't wanna imagine his reaction.

Sigh

------

Thud

The doors to the dining area closed. The Prince , Princess and Emperor were now sitting peacefully on the dining chairs and eating their breakfast. Arius kept nervously glancing towards Claude every five seconds.

Felix stood behind Claude and was also sweating from the silence in the room. Athanasia was busy eating sweets, but she as well would nervously glance at the surrounding people after a few bites. 

"Felix reported to me about yesterday." Claude began with a blank expression.

Arius gulped.

"Dad I-"

Arius stopped in his tracks. Not because Claude interrupted him. No. He stopped when he saw the way Claude looked.

Indifferent.

His eyes void of any emotion.

Claude wasn't angry at Arius for what he had been doing. He showed nothing. It was kind of scary the way Claude looked.

Emotionless.

He simply ate his food and began speaking once again, "The slave traders will be punished and the nobles who participated in the auction will have to give up twenty-five percent of their fortunes to the imperial power."

"What is the punishment of the slave traders?"

" Execution."

Athanasia dropped her fork on the mention of that term. Her face went pale and she completely froze.

"Ah- Your Majesty, I believe it would be better not to discuss such things during a meal. " Felix interrupted.

"Uh-No it's fine...Athy is done eating so Athy will take her leave now..." Athanasia's voice trembled. She soon left the room leaving Claude and Arius alone. Felix was escorting Athanasia back to Ruby Palace.

Arius was making an unsatisfied expression.

"Father"

Clauds put his utensils down and looked towards Arius with the same blank expression.

"Isn't execution a too light of a punishment? " He asked and Claude's eyes widened as he saw his son's glowing icy blue eyes.

"They will first be tortured and then executed. You don't need to worry. They will beg for death by the time the torture is over." Claude assured him making Arius somewhat pleased.

"Oh and another thing , Your Majesty."

--------

Arius had once again went to town. This time along with Athanasia becaude she kept feeling left out. And of course,  Felix escorting the two. Their carriage stopped outside the abandoned looking building , within which lived Arius's friends.

Before Arius could go in to meet them , they came outside by the sound of the carriage and horses.

"Arion-" Lifa spoke before stopping to think about whether she should address him as Arius or Your Highness.