Ch 46 : Incident

"D-Dad?" Arius asked in surprise as he saw the blond man sitting in the dining table of Sapphire.

"Your awake, how do you feel now?" Claude asked as he went towards his son and picked him up.

"I-I'm fine, but what are...you doing in Sapphire Palace...? " Arius asked extremely confused by Claude's visit.

"Don't we usually have breakfast together? " Claude asked and Arius simply looked at him trying to figure out his intentions.

"Athanasia will be here soon as well."

Claude placed Arius on his seat and went and sat on his own seat.

"Do you like your new Palace? "

"...Yes! It's so much better than Ruby Palace and especially the gardens! It's amazing dad, Thank you!" Arius genuinely smiled.

This is great! Once Athy arrives we can discuss our problems with him!

What a great way to start the morning! Arius looked at Claude and kept smiling. Claude was here to see his children because he heard they were feeling ill the night before. He came cause he was worried.

"Dad, did you sleep well?" Arius asked still smiling.

Claude looked at Arius, curious about why his son kept smiling.

"I did, what about you, any more nightmares like that previous one?"

"None!" Arius exclaimed.

"That's good." Claude smiled, slightly but Arius spotted it and once again his happiness level rose up, and now he was giggling.

"Is there a reason behind your constant smiles and giggles? Perhaps a good dream? " Claude finally asked.

"I'm just super glad Dad came to see us. You seemed busy lately...I'm sure Athy will be super happy to see you too!"

Claude looked at him with slightly widened eyes. "Busy? When was I-"

"YOUR MAJESTY! IT'S PRINCESS ATHANASIA! YOU MUST HURRY!"

A maid came in screaming her lungs out. Claude immediately stood up and picked up Arius before sprinting to the Emerald Palace.

-----

Athanasia had an extremely fast heart beat and her mana was going haywire. She was fine upon waking up, but after she got cleaned up and dressed she began telling Lilian she felt something heavy in her chest.

Lilian asked her if she was again worried about the countess, but before Athanasia could reply she puked out blood. The sight was shocking for Lilian as well as Athanasia herself. Both of them stared wide eyed at what had just happened but Athanasia soon lost consciousness, leaving Lilian panicking to call the magicians and emperor.

She had sent a maid to call the magicians as well a maid to call the emperor. Out of which the first to arrive, thankfully was the father.

"ATHY!" Arius shouted as he ran up to his sleeping sister. He reached the bed and saw Athanasia, face pale and sweating profusely.

But...I kept her mana stable. Even if she spent time with Raven it still shouldn't have happened this quickly.

Arius observed Athanasia and felt helpless. He turned to see Lilian explaining everything that happened to Claude.

"And then she c-collapsed. " Lilian spoke with teared eyes as she remembered the horrid scene.

Thud

The door opened and in came a crowd of magicians. "Heal her." was the only command Claude gave and the magees scattered around the bed to examine her.

Claude sat on a chair, with Arius in his lap. "Arius are you feeling well?"