The run away

I woke up to the sound of the TV on. I knew it was my dad. He always had his volume up when watching TV. I went to Brush my teeth in the bathroom, and as I was brushing infront of the mirror, I felt someone tug on to my shirt, I looked down and saw it was espresso.

"Latte, I don't like dad" he said. I spat out my toothpaste and washed it out with water. I knelt down until I was face to face with him.

"I know, espresso. I hate him too. But i promise you, he will never touch you at all." I said. Just then, my father screamed out my name. I ran down stairs to see my father sitting on the couch, and the couch was all covered in dirt.

"GET me some water will ya?" He said in a loud, lazy voice. I went to get him a glass of water from the tap, but then he stopped me.

"Not that kind of water you stupid child!" He screamed. Well how was I supposed to know?? He kept bossing me around for about 15 minutes, until I saw espresso go down the stairs.

"Um, dad. Can you get the stuff yourself?" He said, clutching his shorts.

"Dont tell me what to do kid" my father replied. He turned back to the TV and told me to hurry up and grab his beer.

"But dad, you can get it yourself! Your much closer to the fridge, and you can't keep on controlling Latte!" He said, trying to stand up for me. My father grunted angrily and got up from the couch. He started marching over to espresso and I was afraid he would hurt him! I ran to my father and tugged on his arm with all the grip strength I had.

"No dad please! Don't hurt him!" I said. My father snatched his arm away and slapped me instead.

"Your mother probably never even loved you! Im happy that she killed herself and left you behind!" He screamed. That's when I lost it, for the first time infront of my dad.

"Well you know what dad? Mum adored me. She fed me, she took care of me, and She loved me. Your the one who she didn't love and hated! I don't get it, why were you born so rude and hateful!" I said. I instantly covered my mouth in shock of what I just said. He made an angry look, but a look he's never done before. It was angrier then ever!

He lifted his arm to give me a hard slap, but then someone rang the doorbell, He looked at the door and looked back at me.

"Just wait until that person leaves, and in going to kill you!" He screamed. He stormed to the door and I took my chance to take espresso and some valuables and jump out of the bathroom window, but I still exactly JUMP out of the window, im not stupid. Although dad never took me to school I educated myself from online tests and studies about Latte magic. I never really used them, but this was the time to put them to use.

*sigh* "here we go" I said to myself, With espresso clutching on to the back of my shirt. I borrowed a staff from my mums rooms and used it as a broom.

"Woah!!" Espresso said. I was gripping on to the staff for dear life while it flew around the air.

"How do you control this thing!?

(The staff)

It was whirling around and around and I didn't have any control of it.

"Mother, please have mercy on your kids!!" I screamed. Just then, the staff stopped in mid air!

"Huh?" Said espresso. Just then, my father went to the bathroom window and saw us floating there.

"Hey! Why do you have that?!" Shouted my dad. He quickly turned around and I could hear him running down to stairs. I needed to find a way to control this thing before dad could reach us.

"Come on! Come on!" I screamed desperately. My dad came out and started pulling on the staff from the end, but I wouldn't let go. Espresso grabbed the hard, golden necklace he was wearing and threw it at his face. It landed on his nose and he let go.

"Ouch!" He held his nose with one arm and the other, still holding the staff.

I started to slip down, since my dad was pulling the staff down.

"I've got you now you bastards!" He said. Just then, espresso came close enough to kick him in the face and then he let go of both hands this time. The staff sunddenly went flying into the air, higher then before. I gripped on to it as hard as i can, but it was whirling around and around, and I got dizzy.

"Latte, I don't think I can hold on much longer!!!" Shouted espresso. Hearing that. I let go of the staff and held on to espresso tiny hands, prepared for the worst. I closed my eyes, and suddenly, I felt soft air flowing through my face. I slowly opened one eye and it was going straight.

"Espresso, grab on to my shirt as hard as you can okay?"I said. I used my hands to push down the staff and it stabbed right through the concrete. I fell out of the staff and collapsed on the ground sideways, but I blacked out again. This time, I woke up to the sound of rain. Espresso was shaking me awake again and all the saw was the wet ground and the dark skys. I stood up, soaking wet. I looked over at Espresso, who was beside me, also wet. I took my coat off and wrapped it around him, and he hugged me.

"Latte we are in the park. I think its night time because I is sleepy.." Said espresso. I picked him up and walked over at a bench. I layed espresso down on the bench and I sat beside him, patting his head until he fell asleep. Once his eyes were closed and he was breathing gently, I had some alone time.

"Mum, look how far we made it. We are safe now mum." I said to myself. I knew my mum would be gazing down on me, proud of me and espresso. I lifted espresso head on to my lap and I fell asleep with him

Hey guys! Sorry this chapters short. This is just a reminder that I'm not as old as you guys probably, so my stories aren't the best. But that doesn't mean you gotta hate on me, this is my first story. :>