《 skate to me, baby - oneshot 》

ATTENTION ALL DAHLIA RESIDENTS!

THE DAHLIA ROLLER RINK CELEBRATES 82 YEARS OF BUSINESS! COME ON DOWN AND CELEBRATE WITH US!

MUSIC! FUN! SKATE TILL MIDNIGHT!

- ʚ♡ɞ -

"you need help there, davey~?" angel giggled teasingly at david, who was sat on a bench, frustratedly working to loosen the ungodly knot that tied his skates together. he muttered curses under his breath as he shot an annoyed look at his mate, still fumbling with his laces, "no, you snot, i don't."

angel took a seat next to him, lightly nudging his side with their elbow, "well, you've always been good with your hands like that." to which, david just rolled his eyes, but angel heard the devious edge to his voice, "reminder that we're very much in public, perv."

while david struggled, his beta, asher, was already on the skate floor. he was stood at the edge trying to coerce his mate to step into the rink with him, "c'mon, babe! i'll help you!"

babe tried to believe his words, but they were convinced that the moment they took a step onto the hardwood floor, they would be fall flat on their ass. and the very last thing that they needed was to mindlessly humiliate themself by busting their shit because of a shoe with rubber wheels. but of course, asher was always more stubborn than they liked to remember.

so with a shaky breath, they took his hands and slowly lowered one skate clad foot towards the rink..

just then, milo stormed into the main room with his mate at his heels. he grumbled under his breath as he took a seat on an empty bench to lace up the skates hanging from his fingers. his mate looked seconds away from bursting into laughter at his expression. instead, they sat next to him and linked their arms, "c'mon, cariño, it was funny!"

milo sat upright, abandoning his half-tied laces, looking extremely exasperated, "you and i have very different definitions of funny, sweetheart!" the tips of his ears flared red, "because me tearin' the place apart, lookin' for my left skate, only to discover that you had nicked it from the closet and were holdin' it hostage in the freezer was the farthest thing from funny!"

whatever composure sweetheart had left just shattered— they nearly doubled over in laughter, only working to further infuriate their mate. milo growled, "don't you laugh at me, you little shit-starter!" however, the smirk beginning to tug at his lips betrayed his demeanor, "...who am i kiddin'? this is ridiculous.."