《 talk too much - teaser 》

the council (aka you all) has spoken, and the anxious coffee date barely scraped by with 4 votes

rip to my angst enjoyers (i'll try to make some more progress on that vincent oneshot soon)

lasko adjusted his tie for what felt like the thousandth time, nervously glancing down at the watch that adorned his wrist. it read 2:30 on the dot. precisely 15 minutes before you said you'd be arriving. surely, that would give him enough time to find a nice spot in the cafe and, hopefully, get his order in so you wouldn't fight him to pay for your drink.

he pulled open the door, welcoming the aroma of fresh coffee into his lungs with a calm smile. the coffee shop you'd picked out was quiet (thank goodness for that) and cozy.

string lights hung across the ceiling, shedding warm light that contrasted with that of the cold, winter sun coming in through the windows. patrons sat at the little tables scattered throughout the shop, sipping their drinks between conversations. coffee machines hummed away behind the counter and a handwritten chalkboard menu stood against the wall.

lasko took a breath and fished out his wallet from his pocket before stepping up to the counter. the cashier gave him a kind, though probably rehearsed, smile, "hi! what can i get started for you today?"

he swallowed, "h-hi, can i get a double shot americano and a [insert preferred drink order]?"

the cashier nodded, quickly typing the order into the register, "of course! your total's $7.45, and can i get a name for your order?"

"uh, lasko."

her nose scrunched a little in confusion, "like the fan?"

he tried not to sigh out loud, "y-yeah, like– the fan."

he quickly paid for the drinks and found a nice open seat by the window. now all he had to do was wait.

...

...

...

okay, he was mildly freaking out.

why? it was just you, and he'd never had a problem being around you, if you didn't count the period of time where he was too embarrassed to be in the same room as you because he'd accidentally walked into the kitchen while you were dancing and you both just stood there and screamed for an uncomfortable amount of time. wait, was he sweating? why was he sweating? did he remember to put on deodorant–

"earth to lasko? hellooo?"

aaaand that's all folks! tysm for all of your votes and love as always <3

hopefully i can get myself to finish it and not just leave it rotting in my drafts for months on end :')