Stargazing

I lied guys. This is now my favorite chapter.

The Darkling wasn't lying when he told Aleeza he had work to attend to. However, it wasn't technically general of the second army work. He had gathered a group of his best Fabricators and even some Otkazat'sya jewelry makers.

After a while, he summoned Genya.

"I need to know Aleeza's ring size." He said when she arrived.

Poor Genya was shaking when she got the message to report to The Darkling. She thought she was definitely in trouble for something, terrified she guessed he'd blamed her for Aleeza's drunk incident.

The story spread all throughout Os Alta, and even The Queen was chatting about it over tea. Then later in the day, Genya heard a rumor that Aleeza, The General, and Baghra were having a picnic?? That made no sense, so Genya decided it must have been false.

But now, she was summoned into his War Room, and the first thing he asked for was her ring size. There had to be another reason...Aleeza wasn't-she couldn't. Genya's eyes widened as she looked around at the group of people around the table looking at some papers. She noticed David, probably the best Fabricator among them.

"Uh, I think I know it. Her fingers are slightly smaller than mine. We could share rings if we wanted."

"Great get over here," he said, motioning her over to him.

When she made her way over to the table, he moved to the side so Genya could see the papers everyone was so bent over. He was designing wedding rings.

"Which one will she like?" He asked her. He knew they were friends, plus Genya was a tailor-style had to be something she was good at.

Genya took a look at the drawings of rings. There were numerous choices, some had stars, others had The Darkling's eclipse, the moon, or even constellations. Some just looked like normal wedding rings too. You name it; everything was there.

Genya couldn't possibly pick one, so instead, she began narrowing it down by pushing the ones that were hideous to the side. When she finished, she only got rid of a handful. There were still 30 or so sheets of paper, some with multiple designs on the same page.

She heard the ruffling of paper and saw someone was drawing yet another design. This was going to take a while. 

Some inspo for the rings

Some inspo for the rings. Y'all I had way too much fun with this.

It was time for dinner already when they managed to finish the design for their wedding rings, Aleksander would accept nothing less than perfect. And perfect they were, he was certain Aleeza would love them.

So he sent the team off to actually construct it, threatening them to finish it before nightfall.

He knew they could do it though, especially with Fabricators. David, while not much help with the artistic aspects, had a mouth for letting us know whether the architectural scope was possible or not. He was starting to get on everyone's nerves by the end of it with his very numerical calculators. But they were important to an extent, so The Darkling let him be.