Follow The Stars

After finding Aleeza and the Drüskelle, Feydor immediately wrote to The Darkling to inform him of the situation. He only told him the required information, not wanting to go into details just yet.

Aleeza was captured by Drüskelle and put on a ship headed to Fjerda. I got word the ship crashed due to bad weather, so I walked along the coast for any survivors. I found 6 other Grisha. I then found clues that eventually lead me to finally find Aleeza-she was traveling with a Drüskelle, and we're taking him back with us.

-Feydor

The Darkling read the update. He assumed something must have happened to delay Feydor but Drüskelle? It was a miracle she survived. He wasn't going to take any more chances; he was going to immediately go to The Fold and wait for Aleeza's arrival.

༶•┈┈ ♛ ┈┈•༶

Feydor was leading the disheveled group of Girsha that had survived the shipwreck. They were sitting at a table watching him interact with Aleeza until they needed to help carry the unconscious Drüskelle.

Aleeza watched as it all happened. The way they all looked at Matthias-everyone except her wanted him dead. "We'll take him back to The General," Feydor stated. "Alive," he added, looking at Aleeza-who was struggling not to audibly cry. "We should leave immediately. We're close enough to the Arkesk military base to stop for a quick respite and supply grab."

The other Grisha nodded, and they started walking out. Aleeza watched as two people struggled to carry the unconscious Matthias over their shoulders.

Feydor was standing close by Aleeza, not wanting to let her out of his sight in case something else happened. "What the heck were you thinking?" he asked under his breath so the other Grisha couldn't hear.

"I don't know. I'm exhausted. I'm not thinking clearly." Aleeza said blankly.

"Clearly. A Drüskelle, come on Aleeza."

"He was a Drüskelle, and I was his prisoner. I couldn't fight him. I have no powers or combat training." She said emotionless. Not convincing anyone, especially a Heartrender.

"What you said should be the truth. Make yourself believe it," Feydor warned. He quickened his pace and went to help carry Matthias, leaving Aleeza alone with her thoughts.

Aleeza couldn't stop thinking about Matthias, the glorious and short-lived time together. But she knew she couldn't think about him. She needed to think about herself; if the Grisha discovered she was in love with him... she would be even more outcasted than she already was.

Feydor was obviously trying to help her, giving her advice and keeping quiet. She should be grateful-she got incredibly lucky he found her and not someone else.

Now she needed to forget about him Matthias-no the Drüskelle. Who had killed probably thousands if not hundreds of Grisha and helped track down and captured even more.

When they arrived at the base Feydor led Aleeza away from the Drüskelle while he was taken to the prisons. "Thank you, by the way, for not telling anyone."

"Don't thank me yet. If The General asks me, I'll have to tell him. You might even want to tell him yourself. Say that the Drüskelle deserves to live his life out in prison instead of being executed."

Really? Aleeza wanted to say. But he was being more than fair, so she just smiled weakly and went into one of the tents.

Aleeza did not like the military base. She would have had a lot to complain about if there wasn't so much more important stuff happening. She got herself cleaned off and borrowed a Kefta from another Fabricator and went to bed, all while her mind kept playing its very frustrating game.