Beach jog

I woke up hearing the sound of my alarm going off. A feeling of embarrassment from last night came over me and I decided to go on a run to clear my mind. I put on a pair of shorts and a sports bra then I opened the door to be met with a shirtless hangman.

My eyes widened at his abs. Oh my. His abs were so toned. He was hot. When I looked up I was met with grinning hangman. Shit. He must've seen me staring. "Morning Ace" "Morning Seresin" "Why do you insist on calling me by my last name?" "I don't know. I kinda like your last name so I'm just gonna continue calling you by your last name." "Oh well if you like it so much why don't you take it?" He said with his stupid grin. I could tell I was blushing really hard so I just decided to your of there as quickly as possible. " I'm gonna go for a run." I told him. "Great I'll go with you." "No no I think you should stay. Plus I prefer to run alone." "Well not today. Come on lets go." I can't believe I'm about to go on a run with him.

We were jogging on the beach when he asked me a question. "So why is your call sign Ace?"
He wasn't that stupid was he. I mean come on it's pretty self explanatory. "I shot down 5 enemy aircraft during a mission." "No way" "Yes way" "That's like impossible" "It's not actually. I did it with my brother." He gave me a weird look that I didn't understand. "You have a brother? And you shot down five enemy aircraft together?" I didn't realize it when I mentioned him. It just felt normal. For the first time in a while it didn't give me anxiety or make me want to cry by just the mention of his name. It just felt, normal. "Yeah, I do. Or well did." He stopped jogging and looked at me in the eyes. "I wasn't always a single flyer. I used to fly with my brother until he crashed." He just kept the eye contact. I stared into his beautiful green eyes and I just couldn't help myself. I had no control in this moment so when he kissed me I couldn't pull away. Eventually I pulled away. "Stop. We can't." "Why can't we" he asked me. "Because we hardly know each other. Plus not to mention the fact that we have a mission to go on and I personally would like to keep this professional." "Who says that we can't keep it professional. And we can get to know each other." I just gave him an I don't know look. "Ugh ok. But you have to ask me to dinner or something then we can decide on how to handle this." I saw him smirk and he was about to open his mouth before I stopped him. "Your not asking me out to dinner here. If you want to ask me out to dinner then you do it sometime when I'm not sweaty and gross." And with that I started jogging again and beat him home.
——————————————————————
"Good morning and welcome to top gun training. All of you in here were top of your class. The best of the best." I looked over my shoulder to see hangman looking at me. When I caught him he just started smirking again. That stupid smirk. "That was yesterday. Todays fifth generation fighter jets have evened the playing field." Everyone stayed quiet as they just kind of soaked up the fact that mission was going to be big. But the only question that was going through Ace's head was who the hell was going to teach this if everyone here was already the best of the best.

Ace was nervous and scared. She had never been on a mission like this before and after hearing about the mission parameters she wasn't sure she even wanted to be on this mission anymore.

"Now that we don't have the technological advantage, success now more than ever will depend on the man, or woman in the box." Ace was so confused on how in the world they were going to be successful is they don't even have the technological advantage. "Only half of you will make the cut, and only one of you will be team leader. The other half will wait in the reserve." Ace wanted to be team leader so bad. This is what she had been working for. This would put her ahead.

There was a door closing which cause everyone to look behind. The man looked oddly familiar and then she realized that he was the guy from the bar. She looked over at hangman to see him hiding his head with a look of embarrassment on his face.

"Your instructor on this mission is a top gun graduate with real world experience of all the aspects you will be required to have on this mission. Pay attention to what he has to teach you cause it could be the very difference between life and death. I give you captain Pete Mitchell"