Nostalgia

Once we got home me and Jake went back to his room. "Ugh I'm so tired." I said falling backwards onto the bed. "What are you tired from? All you did was reff." "Hey I fell remember. That didn't exactly feel to good." I told him. He laughed a bit then took off his shirt. "I noticed you were staring during football." He said. I mean he wasn't wrong. I was definitely staring. "How could I not? They were practically forcing me." I told him. He laughed again and laid down next me. "I think I'll just sleep here tonight." "Ok sounds good."

****

Today they were attempting the climb out again. I didn't know how to feel about it. It wasn't like I was doing the training today but I was worried something bad may happen again.

"Hey Seresin." I yelled at him on the tarmac as he was walking to his plane. He turned around to face me. "I swear to god if you get hurt out there I'm going to kick your ass." "I'll make sure to keep that in mind Taylor." I kissed and told him good look before I went back to the training room.

Everyone had been doing good til Phoenix, bob, and coyote went up. I was listening over the radio with Jake. Coyote had passed out too.   Maverick has got missile lock on him to try and get him to wake up. He woke up just in time before he nosed dived into the ground. He was up but then there was a bird strike that hit Phoenix and bob.  They couldn't get the plane to start back up so they ejected. Thank god they made it in time.

****

I didn't think that today I would be at a funeral. Not for him. Today I was standing here at ice mans funeral. He was my dads closest friend. He helped me get into top gun. He helped my brother get into top gun. He took care of me after my parents died. After my brother died. He was the closest thing I had to a parent. And now he was dead too. I was supposed to be there with my class. Standing beside them. Just to support the family. But I had gotten a personal invite so there I was standing right next to his wife. Holding her hand.

I still remember the call. She had called me. Told me he died. Asked if I would go and be by her side because she didn't know if she could handle it. I needed a dress. So I had to go buy one. I wish I didn't.

After the service was over I went home. I kept to myself the rest of the day. I didn't leave my room. I just stayed in there and cried all day. I couldn't handle leaving. It would've been too sad. Knowing that it was now a world without him.

Hangman came in at some point. I can't really remember when. I was crying to much. He came in and helped me get changed. And then he held me. That was all. That was what I needed. He could tell I didn't want to talk about it so he just held me while I cried until I fell asleep. Once I fell asleep he must've put a blanket on me or something cause when I woke up in the middle of the night I had one on. I didn't feel like feeling anything so I just went back to sleep. I can deal with emotions tomorrow.