First encounters

I opened the door to the Hard Deck not expecting to be met with my best friend from training. "ACE" I hear being screamed across the bar. I'd know that voice anywhere. "PHOENIX" I yell as I run into her arms. "Omg I've missed you so much" she tells me. "Same. It feels like it's been forever." "Well come on I'll introduce you to everyone."

"Meet Coyote, Payback, Fanboy, Bob, and" I turned to the right to be met with a very handsome. My god. He had this adorable annoying grin thing that he was doing. I couldn't tell if it made me want to smack him or ask him out to dinner. "Hangman, the names hangman" he told me. "And your is?" "Ace." "Well it's nice to meet you ace" Then he went back to playing his game of darts. I grabbed Phoenix's arm and dragged her to the bathroom. "He's cute" I told her. "Bagman? Really? No Ace I'm telling you don't go after him he's not a good guy alright." "And why is that?" "Ace, just trust me on this. Ok" and with that she left the bathroom. I decided to stay in there a minute just to freshen up and make sure I looked good. When I walked out I went to the bar to grab a beer on the guy who had just been thrown out. "I'll take a beer on the guy who just got kicked please" "coming up" "Hey penny I'll take four" a voice from behind said.

"Hey Ace" "Hey hangman" "Ready to go back to top gun" he asked me. My expression changed from my bubbly demeanor to an anxious one. Truth be told I actually wasn't very sure how I felt about going back to top gun. I mean I ranked first in my class but I lost my brother. We were twins. A dynamic duo. He was my wingman but on one of the days they decided to have us fly with a new person. Their reasoning was that "You might not always be able to fly with the same person. You've got to be able to fly with anyone from your team." Well that was the biggest mistake they could've ever made because my brother had been paired up with the biggest idiot that they could've let in.

I must've been quiet for a while cause he started to say my name repeatedly and then he put his hand on my shoulder. I slowly looked up at him. "You good Ace?" "Um yeah I'm good" "Hey so are you a single flyer or you got another person you fly with?" My breathing was starting to quicken a little "Um I'm a single" "So am I. Sounds like we'll be in the same dorm then." I couldn't take this.

My hands were shaking my breath was hitching. I couldn't breathe. I needed fresh air. I put my beer back on the counter and walked as fast as I could to get outside. I leaned against the wall and slid down it as I held my head in my hands. "Are you sure your good?" Crap. Did he really follow me? I turned around and low and behold there he was. "Yeah I'm good. You can leave." "Sorry ace but your not getting rid of me that easy. No man left behind." I laughed a little. "I think I'm just gonna head out." "Perfect. I'm ready to leave too. I'll give you a ride. "Sorry hangman but I don't know just we'll enough yet to let you take me back. Just head back inside. I'll see you tomorrow." "Yes you definitely will ace." I waved goodbye and headed to my car preparing to leave.

I was just sat there in the drivers seat. Just thinking. I couldn't get him out of my head though. And he was still leaning against the wall. Oh my gosh I can't believe I'm about to do this. I hopped out of my car. "Hey Hangman" he turned to look at me and I grabbed his collar and smashed his lips against mine. He seemed a bit shocked at first but kissed me back still. I only pulled away to keep whatever dignity that I have because I don't want to be the girl who brings a guy back to their room after barely meeting him. "Goodnight Seresin." "Goodnight Taylor" and with that I finally got in the car and left feeling a sense of euphoria all up until I went to bed.