Make ups

—Hangman's pov—

The nurse walked me back to her room. She had a few cuts on her arms and face. She was also asleep. I went and sat by her side. I held her hand for a while and fell asleep at her side.

—Ace's pov—

I started waking up. I scanned around the room expecting to be in mine but instead I was in a hospital room. I turned to the right and saw hangman holding my hand asleep. I took my hand away from his and started to play with his hair. I couldn't stay mad at him. He obviously cared since he was the only one here. He looked really tired. He must've been up all night.

He started waking up a little bit. "Morning sleepy head." I told him. A look of relief was seen on his face. "Oh my gosh. Iz your up. Im so sorry. For everything ok. I know that bet thing was really dumb but you didn't see was that I declined him the money. The bet was that I could make any woman in that bar fall in love with me. No strings attached. And when coyote gave me the money I declined and said that it would be unfair to accept it when I didn't do the full thing. Because the truth is that there is strings attached. I do love you Iz." I was kind of shocked. I didn't expect it. I just figured when he had told me he loved me it was so I would stop being mad.

"I love you too." "What? Really? Your not just saying that cau-" I cut him off. "Oh shut up and kiss me." I joined our lips together.

****

I got released three days later. They said I was healing like a champ and I could be released earlier. They weren't sure if I'd be able to do the mission or not but I had to take it easy for a couple days just so I wouldn't reopen my stitches.

Cyclone told me I could continue to go to trainings but only to watch until I got the go ahead. Today maverick had told us to meet at the beach. I rode down with hangman.

We were in his truck listening to the radio. I had my window rolled down cause I liked the feeling of the wind in my hair. I turned over to look at him but he was already looking at me. "Eyes one the road seresin." I told him. He just chuckled and went back to driving.

****

Maverick had told us that today was dog fight football. It was supposed to help us up in the air after we did the high climb and we're exposed to SAMS. "Maverick can I play?" "No ace you barely got out the hospital the other day." "Come on mav I'll be careful." "No." I tried telling them I'd be fine but they refused and told me I had to sit out. I didn't want to sit out so I just helped ref.

It was so hot out that day so I was wearing a sports bra and shorts. Most of the boys weren't wearing shirts. Hangman looked so hot without a shirt on. Instead of watching the ball I was watching him so I didn't notice that payback was running straight towards me.

I fell onto the sand and I'm not gonna lie. It hurt. It hurt a lot considering he hit me were I had just had surgery.

Everyone froze. Nobody moved. They all crowded around me. Hangman was at the very front. "Are you ok? Are you hurt?" He was worried I could tell. "I'm fine I just fell." I told them. They didn't back off until I was standing.  

After they knew for sure I was fine they went back to playing. That was until hangman caught the ball. "Come over her ace." He ran over to me and gave me the ball and a piggy back ride so I could score a touchdown.

****

We were back in the truck driving back to the dorms. I turned to look at hangman's face. I'd never noticed ho genuinely beautiful he was. And he had such pretty eyes. "Take a picture it'll last longer." he told me. I got my phone out and took a picture of him. "You look so pretty." I told him. "Pretty?" "Yes seresin pretty and I don't give out that compliment too often so I would accept it with pride." He just laughed. Today was a good day.