Later

It's been about a year and a half since top gun but here I am walking from jakes truck to tarmac to pick him up. I quit after what had happened. I couldn't stand to get back in that plane it scared the shit out of me.

    I saw jake walking down the steps of the plane and i ran to him. He opened his arms and i jumped into them. He swung me around and then kissed me. "God Iz you don't know how much i've missed you." he said while a smile on his face. "Not as much as i've missed you." he put me down and gave me a huge grin. "Oh hold on i've got something for you. Close your eyes." I kept my eyes closed til he told me to open them.

I looked down to see Jake on one knee holding the most gorgeous ring i had ever seen. "Told you i'd get you a better one." he said. "Oh my god. Jake. You didn't need to buy this i was content with my other one.

"No Iz you deserve the world." I grabbed his hand and pulled him up then kissed him again.

"Let's go now." i said. "What?" he said with a laugh. "No Iz we can't just go right now." "Sure we can we can drive straight to vegas and get married, we can tell our families how we eloped, it'll be great." "This is really what you want Iz? Speak now or forever hold your peace."

"Yes this is what i want. I know it's not what we had planned but i think this is better. It can be a memory only shared between you and me."

"We'll alright then. Let's go." we ran back to the truck hand in hand and drove straight to vegas. It was perfect.

Nine months later we had a little baby seresin. We named him Tom after Ice. Considering he was such a big part it my life it only felt right to pass his name to someone who will be just as important.

     Going to top gun was by far the best thing that could have happened to me and i'm thankful for it. It's how i met my husband, got my son, and how i got to be where i am today. I know that things with me and Jake are only going to get better.

...
let's just ignore the fact that i finished this literally a year later👀