Training

I woke up to an alarm going off. BEEP BEEP BEEP. I sat up and hit the alarm causing it to shut off. I turned to take a look around. The room looked really similar but something was off. I turned to the left and there was a sleeping hangman. He was on his back with his mouth open. He was drooling. I fell back onto the bed. I  turned over laying on top of him with my arms crossed on his stomach and my head resting on them. He was cute while he slept. He started to wake up. "Why are you staring at me Taylor?" His voice sounded sleepy. I'm such a sucker for sleepy voices. "Good Morning." I tried to get up but he grabbed my waist and dragged me back. "Let me go. I've gotta get ready." "Ugh. Fine" "Bye bagman." I closed the door and headed to my room to get ready.

****

I got down on the tarmac. My team was up next to be launched. We were supposed to follow path that would mimic one we would be going on on the mission. I saw coyote and hangman talking so I figured I go say hi to them and see how theirs went. When I walked over I heard coyote say "I guess I owe you a twenty. Man you gotta her into bed fast." My heart felt like it shattered. I walked back towards my plane before they could see me. I didn't want them to know I had heard them. How could he?  I had told him about my brother. He saw me have a panic attack. He really had the nerve to do this to me. I was in my plane and I didn't even realize it. Screw him. I was going to show him what he was missing.

****

"Ok Ace we're three seconds behind. Increase speed." "Increasing speed." But when I increased the speed I increased it a little too much cause I almost hit the wall. "SHIT, Omaha Fritz watch out. They dodged the wall and swerved.
I flew like my life depended on it. I turned and almost hit the wall. Oh well. I turned again barely missing the rocks. "Ace be more careful. A few more feet and your gonna scratch your wing." I turned again this time when I turned I saw something. "Ace, be careful!" A bird. Shit. It smacked straight into my windshield and caused me to pull up breaking the 300 foot wall. "God damn it."

****

I had landed. I was so confused. I couldn't tell if I was pissed, sad, annoyed, or wanted to murder someone. I hopped out my plane and started to walk towards the showers. I was so pissed off. I just needed to cool off somehow and the only thing that I could think of was taking a nice long shower.

"ACE" I turned around just to be met with hangman. The last person I wanted to see was running at me. I rolled my eyes and just stared straight ahead of me while walking. "Taylor" "Oh my god what do you want from me. Just go away." "Are you kidding me. You could've gotten yourself killed out there. What the hell were you thinking taking those turns so close to the sides?"
      "What do you care.  It's not like you would've cared anyway. I bet the only reason you fucked me  was because you wanted to get in my head and become number one"
    "Lizzie I would have never fucked you if I didn't like you. You've changed me. Ok. You changed me and now I need you." I kept walking. I didn't believe him. I wanted to but I just couldn't. But he used my name. My real name. He said he liked me. He never used my real name unless he really truly meant it. He caught up with me and was now standing  in front of me holding my shoulders to keep me from moving.
    "Lizzie, I love you."
"Jake. Shut up. You don't love me." I shrugged his shoulders off. "Yes I do Liz-" I cut him off. I was tired of listening to his bullshit. "No you don't. I was just twenty bucks to you." I decided I was going to quote coyote. "Man you really got her into bed fast." His expression had dropped. He had a look of worry on it. Like he didn't know how he was supposed to respond to me. "Thought so." I hit his shoulder with mine as I walked away. "Izz please. Just let me explain." He yelled but I just walked. I didn't want to see him or talk. I hated him. And I hated myself for liking him.

****

Maverick was currently asking Rooster why he was dead. I would've been paying attention if it wasn't for the fact that I was still pissed off at hangman. I was drowning everyone out with my own thoughts until I hear Rooster get up from his seat yelling "YOU SON OF A BITCH" I went over to help hold him back and the other person being held back was. Speak of the devil. Hangman. Jeez what was his problem today. "Hey I'm cool you know I'm right. He's not good enough for this mission." Hangman said and walked out. Jeez what an asshole.

****

I walked to phoenix's dorm and knocked asking if she wanted to go to The Hard Deck with me which she happily agreed to. Tonight was going to be a night without boys.