❅ Chapter Thirty-Six: Fiancé's Friend

"He has been up all night." Yeeun whispers to Jaemin, sitting beside the ravenette boy who then furrows his eyebrows at her words.

"Jeno?" He mentions in question, glancing over to Yeeun's way.

The blonde haired girl rolls her eyes, "who else?" Nudging her chin to point at her younger brother from across the table.

They aren't even sure if Jeno has indeed fallen asleep or not, eyes droopy as his movements of writing an essay becomes slower, might include his brain too.

"What has he been doing anyway?" Jaemin tilts his head to the side as he ponders in thought of many reasons as to why Jeno did not get any sleep last night.

He then recalls the previous times when Jeno was also tired. Could it be he had another nightmare?

His unspoken question was then answered by Yeeun who shrugs her shoulders and says, "apparently he has been spending his time in the library. Which is weird because exams aren't around."

"Not only that, but Jeno is one of those chill and naturally smart people. I can't believe we're related." Yeeun playfully pouts.

Snorting, Jaemin shakes his head before both of them turn towards Jeno again who suddenly lets out a loud and long yawn while stretching his upper limbs.

"Why did you stay up on a school night anyway?" Yeeun groans, annoyed because she's concerned for her younger brother who is more often than not stubborn.

Jeno blinks his eyes several times, "couldn't sleep." He briefly mumbles in response.

"Yeah because you were in the library, no wonder you couldn't sleep." Yeeun says as Jaemin discreetly nudges her.

Jeno pouts, back slouched as he whines. "I already couldn't sleep beforehand, so I went to the library a while later thinking I would get sleepy from reading books."

"Why were you not able to sleep then?"

This time there's a beat, as if Jeno is hesitating to reply to that simple and harmless question. "I don't know, I had running thoughts. Some I remember and there's those I don't."

"I was also lightheaded, especially when I kept getting these flash scenes."

"Huh?" Jaemin utters out, Jeno purses his lips as he smiles faintly.

"Like flashbacks, but they weren't too clear." He says, quickly adding, "a lot of them were made up anyway, so it doesn't really matter."

Oddly enough, there's something hidden underlying in Jeno's tone the way he said that, but that could be because he was sleepy and Jaemin is hearing things wrongly.

His elder sister crosses her arms and winces, giving him a look. "Do you need your eyes checked up?"

"I literally just said I had flashbacks, not random flashes in my room." Jeno deadpans.

"That is kind of the same thing, no?" Jaemin comments, raising a brow. Jeno huffs at him, quietly muttering how unfair it became.