❅ Chapter Twenty-Six: Bad Kisser

Jaemin scrolls through his phone lazily as he listens to his peers bickering; apparently, Johnny called them for an emergency meeting, but only one of them can attend.

Problem? Well, it is an unfortunate timing that the Lee family had invited them for dinner at a nearby restaurant.

So instead of compromising who can go to where and cover up that one person's absence, they argued.

It is simply petty, honestly. While Yuta insists to attend the family dinner, Mark thinks otherwise. Mainly because they also have their little fight between themselves.

Jaemin could care less at this point, either way it isn't really his problem to deal with since his role is to just focus on Jeno majority of the time.

And it's going well, obviously.

"I'm telling you, we can cancel the dinner and be polite about it. It's simple as that, Yuta." Mark grits his teeth, sending a scowl to the elder man driving the car.

Rolling his eyes, he doesn't meet Mark's gaze and continues to focus on the road. "Why can't you just cover up for my absence, like you're supposed to do."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Mark retorts.

"What I'm saying is that you haven't been helpful lately."

"Excuse me?!" Jaemin sighs and thanks the heavens when he sees they are almost by the school gate. "Take that back! Do you even know what shit I've done?!"

"No, because you haven't done anything in this situation. You've been lazy and–"

Jaemin was quick to open his door and steps out of the vehicle, "if you guys are still arguing later, don't pick me up." He grumbles.

He doesn't know what is happening between those two men, why and when it started.

Usually he wouldn't care. But right now, his low-key concerned. Mainly because they could sabotage their own plan due to not cooperating with each other.

He knows Yuta teases Mark at times and can be quite harsh on not only him, but to anyone. And Mark tends to be competitive and takes things too... Seriously. In some ways.

Jaemin thinks for a moment and decides to let them be for now.

He has not been in the mood recently after meeting up with Donghyuck and the others in a bar, supposedly having fun but things went downhill for him in a blink of an eye.

Someone kissed him.

He didn't know that person and could care less who they were. All he knows is he didn't liked it and had the strength to push the guy off from his lap.

His friends asked why he did that when back then, he didn't mind. Donghyuck even teased him if he had finally fell in love with someone.

Renjun joked it could be Jeno, his main target.

Jaemin didn't laugh, instead took their words deep in his thoughts til today. He doesn't know why it felt weird and why he did what he did.