❅ Chapter Thirty-Five: Obvious Reasons

HAPPY HAECHAN DAY!!! ❤️✨

"What's this I'm hearing about you getting soft for this Jeno kid?" Jaemin looks up from his glass and squints his eyes trying to figure out who the person was.

After a few seconds, it finally clicks to him thanks to the neon lights flashing all around the bar. He gestures for him to sit as he  chuckles sarcastically, "and from whom did you hear this?"

"Mark." They share a knowing look, "care to explain?"

"I don't know what's up his ass. But he's overreacting, and I'm literally doing my job, did him a favor by making it easier." Jaemin replies.

The newcomer beckons for a waiter, hastily whispers his request before shooing him away. "I'm asking about the Jeno situation, not your problem with Mark."

"It's still connected in a way, Renjun." Jaemin deadpans.

The said boy snorts, nodding off in quiet agreement as he raises a brow. "So, about Jeno... Have anything to say this time?"

"No?" Jaemin questions in response.

"Sounds like you're unsure, Jaem." Renjun says in a light tone, almost mocking him.

"I just don't understand what you're trying to get out of me about him." Jaemin stresses a little as Renjun's order was served.

The elder boy swirls his glass around carefully, "fine, I'll be more straightforward then..."

"Do you like him for real? As in, catching genuine feelings?"

"What the fuck?" Jaemin exclaims, leaning back in disbelief. "You're kidding."

"I'm not, I'm being really honest and straightforward with you right now." Renjun shrugs his shoulders as he takes a sip. "Just wondering."

"Why on earth–" Jaemin pauses before glaring at him from across the table. "Do you guys think I'm getting soft for him as well?"

"I mean, with a mission like this... You wouldn't be the first one." Renjun quietly says the last part although they are in a bar and is currently loud making their voices mostly muffled for others.

"Sorry?"

"It has happened a bunch of times before," he laughs it off and smiles crookedly. "You can say it is normal, but then again, our bosses and higher ranks wouldn't be too pleased with that."

"For what exact reason?" Jaemin tilts his head to the side.

Renjun blinks at him for a moment before giggling, "obvious reasons. Most likely betrayal, we're in a mafia gang after all, Jaem..."

"And why are you asking me about Jeno so much? Are you going to report this to the others later or something and then suddenly I'll get a call tomorrow that I'm in trouble?"

Jaemin rants with a fake smile dancing on his lips. Renjun raises a brow and sighs, "I'm not." Nudging the beer bottle to Jaemin's way.