❅ Chapter Thirty: Beliefs

Jaemin hums peacefully, making his own sense of soft beats when he feels Jeno's slender fingers gently grazing on his skin.

His head rests on Jeno's shoulder, had just woken up from his power nap and still didn't have the energy to get up.

Because he oddly does not want to, comfortable in Jeno's warm and sweet presence.

He didn't question what time it was, but he was sure it is probably almost the end of the school day, the school bell about to ring at any minute.

Jeno had told him he didn't want to wake him up, disturbing his needed sleep. Apparently, he told Yeeun what's going on and his words passed on to some teachers, excusing themselves.

They don't know how they got a free pass, all they know is Yeeun was the one who spoke to them.

"So you know you can be a touchy guy, right?" Jeno hums attentively, nodding a little while he trails his fingers on Jaemin's dorsal wrist.

Thumbing over the different shade of skin in the slightest bit, Jaemin chuckles at him. "I noticed you touch me there quite a lot. And recently on my temple too."

Jeno's smile is tight, cheek resting on top of Jaemin's hair and nuzzles affectionately. "Your birthmarks are there... That's why."

"What makes you touch them though?"

It takes a few beats for Jeno to finally reply, "don't you think birthmarks are unique? Special?" Blurting out questions instead.

Jaemin tilts his head up and lifts a brow, Jeno gulps a little at that and prepares to give out an excuse against Jaemin's suspicions.

"I don't really know, I mean... I don't pay attention to them. Not even read those dumb myths or whatever people talk about."

Snorting to himself, he muses, "I guess you can say I don't care about birthmarks."

Jeno's lips curl into a frown, "you really don't? Or is it just because you don't know the meanings they can have?"

"You believe in those shit?" Jaemin snickers before quieting down when Jeno doesn't laugh along with him, still frowning as the usual sparkle in his eyes disappear.

He's visibly upset, whether he meant to show it or not, Jaemin can feel it too.

The way his fingers became loose around his wrist, slowly slipping away from Jaemin's warm skin that sets alarm bells ringing loudly in him.

Quick to snatch Jeno's hand back, he interlocks their fingers. "Hey, I didn't mean to upset you..." The blond haired boy is still sulking, and that has Jaemin frowning as well.

"If you like to believe in those myths, then you can... I was being rude, sorry, sweetheart." The pet name slipped out, and he didn't have it in him to correct himself.

Biting back a wide smile when the color pink blooms on Jeno's cheeks, decorating his naturally pretty face while he shies away from his gaze.

Tilting his chin up with his fingers, Jaemin flashes him a sweet smile– not really knowing if he's totally out of it today or not.