❅ 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏: 𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑷𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒕

"Good news, you're going on a date with Jeno this Saturday." Mark announces as he walks in with a bottle of water.

Jaemin, who was preoccupied with the set of homework they were given today, looks up from his answer sheet and knits his eyebrows together.

"How the hell is that 'good news'?" He quotes with his fingers, left hand still gripping the blue inked sign pen.

(A/N: Jaemin is ambidextrous.)

Mark rolls his eyes when he hears the usual annoyed tone in Jaemin's voice, "stop it, Jaem. We've been through this a bunch of times since the beginning." Grumbling as he sat down on the other couch.

Clicking his tongue against his cheek, Jaemin continues to answer his homework making Mark shake his head at him.

A moment later, Yuta walks downstairs to the living room with leisure steps. "Have you told him?" The question aimed at Mark.

Turning the volume down of the television, Mark merely glances at him then stares intently at Jaemin. "Of course I did, he's still annoyed about it."

"Let him be, give him some time to get his act together." Yuta says, passing the living room to head towards the kitchen, aiming to get himself an energy drink.

"I'm still here." Jaemin deadpans, focus away from his stupid homework.

Snorting, Mark nods his head curtly with both eyebrows raised up, "that's the point." He breathes out, all in purpose.

Huffing, the youngest member amongst them scrapes his middle finger's skin with his thumb's nail. A habit he developed somewhere around his life.

"Well, as always. Like it or not, you gotta do it." They hear Yuta's voice muffled a bit and slowly getting clearer and louder once he enters the living room again.

"Don't you want to prove something?" He tests Jaemin, knowingly so. Getting a small nod from the boy, he hums. "Here you have it, a challenging mission."

Sitting beside Mark, he makes himself comfortable and leans back, opening his can of energy drink. The familiar pop makes him satisfied.

"Look, we're not forcing you to be more accepting and open to Jeno," pausing to take a big gulp, letting the cold beverage enter his body. "You can do that slowly bit by bit."

"But, we're definitely asking for you to accept this agreement of your "arranged marriage" and deal with it."

Fingers tapping on his homework, which was halfway done, Jaemin fights the urge to snap back. His gut telling him to do so, knowing Yuta has a point.

But his stubborn brain is the problem.

"Thing is, you don't have to actually like him, you just have to seem like you do. That's the whole point in our assignments." Mark states, playing with the remote.

"Everyone goes through this, Jaem. You think you have it worse? Please, you can ask the others for their experiences." Chuckling at the end.

Jaemin kept quiet and chooses to focus on his homework, not having it in him to continue arguing with them over and over again about the same exact thing.

He knows they're holding themselves back for doing or saying something that could hurt him, might even make him want to quit from either the assignment or the gang.

Although, that's a stressful thought for another time in Jaemin's book.

Yuta's face softens as he lets a sigh tumble out of his mouth when they get no response from Jaemin, nor a small simple glance to glare at them like usual.

Mark nudges him, pointing at the youngest boy with his chin. "Jaem, we're just trying to look out for you so you won't get in trouble." Yuta said.

"The others have been asking for updates every once and a while, and I'm pretty sure they'll start joining in at some point for back up plans. If not, to check up on us randomly."

Leaning his body over to rest his forearms on his knees, Yuta stares at Jaemin's busy left hand writing down answers. "We can't be picky all the time."

"I'm n–"

"Please stop lying, Jaemin. You're one of the favorite associates, you already complained in the meeting, we all know how that turned out." Mark interjects.

"We know you're not fond of Jeno, for a reason we don't know yet. But make the best out of it, Yeeun or not, we're luckily in the first stage."

Sighing, Jaemin pauses to look up, meeting their gaze with his own. His eyes boring into their souls that it low-key creeps Mark out despite being in a higher level as well as being older.

No wonder he's one of the favorites. He thinks to himself, gulping dryly.

Pondering in thought, the raven haired boy finally parts his chapped lips to reply, vocally. "I'll try." Although it was a little incoherent, the other two managed to hear it.

Smiling in relief, before they could add on to their 'scolding' and giving Jaemin advices, the latter beats them to it.

"But that doesn't mean it'll be instant." Tone stern with his facial expressions flat, yet it still gives him an intimidating look.

Reminds them of Lee Yeeun, funnily enough.

Nodding off, Yuta almost forgets the can of energy drink in his hand. "Obviously, we understand. You have time to ease up on him."

"Well, not exactly because you never really know what upcoming plans they have. However, use your time wisely is all I have to say." Mark smiles at him.

Humming, Jaemin let's them be with their own stuff; Mark busy with the show playing on the television whilst Yuta was scanning some files.

"Are you guys coming to this date on Saturday?" Jaemin brings up for a brief moment.

Yuta answers him with a shake of his head since Mark didn't seem to pay attention to him right now. "It's your first date with Jeno, just you and him."

"What about you?" Looking up with a brow raised at the elder boy in suspicion.

"Assigned with other stuff in the meantime, this particular assignment takes a while so we won't be focusing on just this."

"But it's still our main priority," Mark mumbled mindlessly, turning the volume back up.

Quietly grabbing his phone to research something, Jaemin hears Yuta say, "be careful and don't get caught when you're assigned with something else too."

"That's the point." Was Jaemin's only reply.