ᴄᴏʟʟᴇɢᴇ ᴇsᴛᴀᴄʏ ; 💓

Isʜᴀᴀɴ Gᴜᴘᴛᴀ | 21 : Bᴏʀɴ ɪɴ Iɴᴅɪᴀɴᴀ

-------

Ever since I started attending Nashville State University, things in my life have taken a turn.

School doesn't prepare you for sleeples nights, horrible roommates, and overbearing parents.

When I told my parents I was leaving for college they were so happy I was leaving that they threw a goodbye party. All the people from our family flew down from Jamaica and other parts of the US to celebrate this achievement.

Considering I'm the first kid of my parents to go to college I would understand why it's such a big deal. I have a older brother named Shane but he's a few years older than me.

Growing up a bit bigger in a Caribbean family wasn't always the best. My Aunt's would ridicule me about my weight but always make me eat. My mom always supported me in everything I did, answer she never judged me for my weight.

Big thighs, boobs, and butt comes as a blessing and a curse. Being told you're too fat then being used for your body wasn't a good cycle but it was something that I was used to.

But when I moved to college, everything changed. Nobody really bothers me anymore and it's safe to say that I'm relieved.

I made a friend name Byeol who's a Physiology major and lives in the dorm next to me. Her girlfriend Elena is training to be a nurse and they've been together since sophomore year of high-school.

Byeol is shy and reserved while Elena is extroverted and very talkative.

They came up to me when they saw me sitting alone reading A Collen Hoover book and immediately started a conversation.

Today is like any other lunch, but it feels different.

Elena isn't talking and Byeol has a weird guilty look on his face.

I finally stop eating my oxtail and rice and I look between both of them.

Is there something you have to tell me? You guys are awfully quite and I can't understand why.

They take a look at eachother and Elena puts her hand over mine.

Kiyanna if we do tell you, do you promise not to kill us?

Byeol interjects with a nervous smile

I promise it wasn't with bad intentions, I think you'll be relieved atleast?

Even as confused as I am, I doubt they would do something to purposely harm me, so I nod. Elena starts and I have to prepare myself for what she's gonna say.