ᴘᴀᴛɪᴇɴᴄᴇ ; 🫂

Hᴀssᴀɴ Ayad | 25 : Bᴏʀɴ ɪɴ Cᴀʟɪғᴏʀɴɪᴀ

--------------

I sigh as I look around the empty apartment. My boyfriend Hassan and I have been together for about 3 years now.

We met on social media. We had a few friends in common so naturally we'd see eachothers posts often.

He started liking and commenting on mine and we ended up following eachother pages. This continued for a while until we found out we go to the same college.

I'm a nursing major while he's a architect major. We're polar opposites in a sense where he's really open and talkative but I'm more shy.

I guess that's what drew us together, but lately he's been out really late and It leaves me lonely sometimes.

I have no reason to think he's cheating at all though. Hassan has never given me the idea that he's cheating, never in a million years.

However, it's hard for me to come home to a empty house after my long lectures and me starting my residency.

I usually do my things in the day because it's easier for me but Hassan does his classes in the day, comes home, then goes to work and commission at night.

I have no problem with him doing his work but sometimes I just miss him and the quality time we had.

At night in the beginning of the relationship we used to stay up and talk, watch movies, and even cook together. Now it's like careless wispers of what we used to do.

I get up and go in the shower. I scrub and exfoliate, using my razor to make sure all my areas are hairless. Hassan never judged me about my hair anywhere, I just shave from time to time as a personal treat.

I do my skincare and put on lip balm.

As I start cooking in the kitchen, I hear the door open and Hassan walks in.

Hello my love, how are you?

I sigh as I feel him hug me from behind, kissing my cheek and my neck.

Good, and you?

he sighs while nuzzling into my neck gently, breathing in my shampoo.

I'm tired, it's hard to balance school and work while still giving time to our relationship. I understand I haven't been home as much so I tried to do my work quicker to leave early. I'm all yours for tonight.

I nod taking it in, a little relieved that he noticed it.

Yeah, you haven't been home as much and I understand how hard it is with our different school schedules. I tried cooking Kebbeh, the recipe your mom sent me. It looks okay so far? I mean, it don't look like it taste bad.

He smiles while looking at me.

Yeah, our schedules are pretty hectic. The Kebbeh looks pretty good to me honestly. Oh also, my mom won't stop gushing about how successful you are to our family in Lebanon and she keeps asking when we're going to marry eachother.

I blush slightly but it's not too noticeable.

I'm flattered that I'm atleast not messing up the dish, and also towards your mom liking me. I was worried that she'd dislike me for our obvious cultural differences.

He shakes his head while looking at me.

Of course we have a difference in culture but that's what makes us unique. And my mom absolutely loves you, regardless of your outward appearance. My mom has always told me the heart sees no color.

I finish cooking and I dish out our food. I look at him as he's getting his second plate.

Is it that good?

He looks at me after putting the food on his plate.

Wallah this food is so amazing. Ahh my wife can cook soo good.

I laugh at his silliness, amused on how he drags out the ending of each sentence.

Shortly after his montages of eating and boasting about the food, he goes and takes a shower.

When he comes out I sit him down on the bed. I kiss him gently as I look at him, rubbing the stress lines on his forehead.

You need to take a break sometimes. I can see how stressed you are. Hopefully we can take this time of peace to unwind.

Hassan nods great fully, sighing while slightly relaxing his shoulders.

Its really stressful for me to be away from you for long periods of time. Sometimes I feel as if you're my jannah. As if my hard work is paying off you know?

I nod while slowly working the knots in his shoulders. I just listen to him talk about his day as I do his skincare. I pluck his eyebrows a bit, cleaning them up.

After I finish with everything I pepper small kisses around his face stopping at his lips.

We share a short passionate kiss and pull away slowly.

He looks at me with such loving eyes.

You are my eternal peace, Samiah. I can't imagine how life would be if I didn't have you here to brighten it.

I blush slightly as I hide my smile in his neck.

San, you really know how to sway me huh?

He smiles at me slightly.

What can I say? As long as I'm still able to make you feel this way towards me, it shows that I'm just doing ny job right.

He shrugs and gets into bed, patting the spot next to him.

I climb in and turn off the light.

We stare at eachother until I start to feel drowsy.

Goodnight Hassan

Goodnight my love.

I fall asleep peacefully after hearing those words.