Always And Forever... I Guess?

Hope's P.O.V
After I tell Rick everything about my past and life, he leaves the room without saying a word. I get up and walk towards Carl's room. I get in and look at him. He has a white bandage around his eye and he looks so peaceful. I sit next to him and I wrap my hands around his. I let a tear fall and I take a deep breath.

Hope: After my parents' and uncle's deaths, i thought my family's vow was broken. I thought that Always and Forever was broken since there were no people to share it with. But I was wrong. The whole point is to find the person you want to share it. So here it is. I don't regret losing my mortal life for you. I would do that again if I had to. And I will always be there for you. For Always and Forever.

Another tear falls down my cheek and I quickly let go of Carl's hand and wipe it. I look at my wet hand and run outside. I see Rick standing a few feet behind the door. I walk past him but he stops me.

Rick: You and Carl... you have a thing or something?

Hope:I don't have things.

I tell him abruptly as I run off. I get in the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror.

What the hell did I just do? Am I falling for Carl? And I said my family's vow to him. But no I can't unsay it. Well I guess he didn't listen to me so problem is solved. But why did this happened? I think... My mother once had told me that as a vampire her emotions were sharpened. I guess this is what happened, right? Yes, definitely. That's the reason.

Now, I'll wait until Carl wakes up and tell him the truth. He needs to know that I can't stay here much longer. He needs to know that my hypothesis worked and that now I can go back home. Back to my family. I look at myself at the mirror. God I look awful. I need a shower.

I leave for my house and take a cold shower. Don't know why, I just like it.

Rick's POV
I sit next to Carl and keep thinking of what Hope said before. Always and Forever. What a vow. Then I see that Carl slowly opens his eyes... Eye. He looks at me.

Carl: Dad? What happened?

I smile as some tears slide down.

Carl: Where's Hope?

Rick: She's fine.

Wow these kids really care for each other.

Rick: Hope saved you. She gave her mortal life for you.

Carl: Really? Wait.. You know?

I nod. Hope told me that Carl had known, she had told him.

Carl: Tell her thank you.

I laugh and hug my son.

Hope's P.O.V
I sit in my house for the past couple of days. I don't want to get out. I keep myself locked up. I once got out for food. You know what I mean. Hunting.

I hear someone walking towards my door and open it before he even knocks.

Hope: Carl! You're awake and out of bed!

I say as I hug him.

Carl: Yeah, I woke up a couple days ago. I was disappointed that you weren't there.

I get outside, close the door behind me and we walk towards the first street we see.

Hope: I couldn't see you like that. Besides I needed some time alone... To think.

Carl: Um Hope, my dad told me... You gave your mortality for me.

Hope : Carl...

I try to say but he pulls me and presses his lips against mine. I close my eyes as I respond to the kiss but when he moves away I look at him with wide eyes.

Hope:I'm sorry, I have to-..

I say right before I run away shocked. After running and running, I find myself outside Alexandria sitting on a log.

Why did I do that? I'm supposed to get back to Mystic Falls. I can't have fallen for Carl. Or can I? Stop it stupid voice! You talk at the most irrelevant times. When I ask a question like what we had for history today you don't respond and now you know everything! That's because I'm the voice behind the emotional part of you. Oh just stop it.

Don't forget, I'm wise.
Yeah right. Hope, who is wiser? The wise person or the person who asks the question?

I say the person who asks the question. Wrong, it's the wise person. That's why it's called wise. You know how I know it? That's because I'm wise. Didn't you have anything smarter to say? I just did. Okay that's it. Shut up! My head is a real mess up.

Then I hear something from behind me and I turn to face Carl.

Carl: It took me long enough to find you.

Hope: Listen Carl, I... I found the spell... to get back home.

He tilts his head on the side and looks at me confused.

Hope: I finally found a way to get back and see my family again. My friends. When I was shot, walkers had gathered around me. So I took the chance and casted the spell on one of them. And it disappeared. It worked. It really worked.

Carl: Is that what you want?

I nod.

Carl: Is that what you really want?

I nod again.

Carl: Fine.

He turns around and leaves.

Hope:Carl wait...

I don't follow him cause I know that he's upset. Great. Now that he's angry at me, there's nothing holding me back. I teleport to my house and grab my stuff.

Then I teleport back in the woods and set up the things needed for the spell. I sit in the middle of the circle and start casting the spell. Tears start forming in my eyes and then they slide down my cheeks. I start sobbing and then I stop the spell.

I can't do it... I can't leave like this. I don't want to leave like this. I don't want to leave.