Fight

Hope's P.O.V
I open my eyes and look at the ceiling. The bright lights blind me and I squeeze my eyes. I hear some movement in the room and turn to the source, to face Carl who sits up on a chair next to me.

Carl: Hey, you OK?

I sit up.

Hope : I-I don't know... My head hurts. Like, a lot.

Carl: Do you need something? Like... I don't know. What kind of medicine do tribrids take?

Hope: None... I just... I feel... Weak.. Like my powers are drained...

I say as I hold my head with my right palm.

Carl: Like... You can't cast spells?

Hope: Yeah... Wait, how long was I passed out?

Carl: Umm... Two days, i think?

I widen my eyes and repeat.

Hope: Two days?

He nods.

Hope: Um... And what about the attack? Was it postponed?

Carl : Actually, it couldn't be postponed beacause we had time to so...

I look at the wall thinking.

Carl: If you think about it, there were a few difficulties but they didn't need your supernatural side of you. Luckily.

Hope: Yeah, I guess you're right.

We stay silent for a moment.

Carl: Um... You know, I might take Judith for a walk. Wanna come?

Hope: Umm, no thanks. I need to get some rest.

He nods and leaves the room as I lay on my bed.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Time passes and suddenly the door is heard. I open it and I see that it's Spencer.

Spencer : Hey, Maggie wants to see you.

I frown but then I decide to go visit her, cause you know... She wants to see me and who am I to now find out?

I arrive at her house and knock on the door. She opens it and smiles when she sees me.

Hope: Hey, you wanted to see me?

Maggie: Hey Hope, come on in.

I walk in and bead in the kitchen. Suddenly I feel something weird. I focus my hearing and I can hear something extraordinary. I smile and look at her.

Hope: Maggie,... you thought you'd hide it from me?

Maggie: What?

Hope: Cmon, you're pregnant!

Maggie: Oh that? Sorry, I forgot

She responds with a smile

Hope: when did that happen?

Maggie: 2 months ago.

I smile as I can't control it.

Hope: I'm so happy for you.

She smiles even wider and then she tells me that she needs a change. So, she asks me to do her hair. I gladly accept. But the moment I finish her hair, Maggie feels a sharp pain in her stomach. She falls on the ground screaming in pain. I call for help so, help comes. Unfortunately I can't heal her with my blood as I can't heal illnesses. But I can control her pain. As the others help her, I come up with a useful spell.

Hope: Wait! Stand back.

They back up and I grab Maggie's hand. Then I whisper...

Hope: Tardus Pulsatio.

Maggie starts relaxing and Rick says that we have to take her to Hilltop. We put her on a stretcher and me, Carl and some others, begin our way there.

But of course there would have to be problems on our way there huh? At the end, we all end up kneeled on the ground in front of the strong ones. People we thought we lost, people we love and people we'll lose. And the people we kneel in front of, don't care about you. Only about surviving. And I get that. Surviving is the most important thing in this world. Of course, there's no difference between this world and my world but still, in this world everyone plays his part. Whether we like it or not.

So, this chapter ends now. Like you, I will always remember the words of the enemy no matter if they're alive or not.

"Eeny,... meeny,... miny,... moe..."