New Meetings

Hope's P.O.V
Me and Carl have been walking around for a while and during this time he has introduced me to some people of his group. I met Glenn and Maggie. A couple that shaped up during the apocalypse. I met Daryl, a guy who is good with the crossbow and doesn't open easily, Carol a woman who lost her daughter and has changed a lot. Relax, Carl told me all this stuff.

Now we head to Carl's house. He opens the door and I get inside. With my eyes I scan the place. It's bigger than mine obvisouly and brighter. I enter the living room and I see a baby in its crib.

Hope: Is that your sister?

Carl: Yeah, her name is Judith.

I look at the baby and she looks at me with her blue eyes.

Hope: Hello Judith.

I look at Carl.

Hope: Can I...?

I move my hands making him understand that I can pick her up.

Carl: Sure.

I smile, looking at Judith and pick her up. She makes some baby noises and she's so cute.

Hope : Hey, I'm Hope.

She looks at me and smiles.

Hope: How old is she?

Carl: Two.

Hope:Aw...she's too young. You're young for this world right? But you're gonna make it through. I see it in your eyes.

I say to her while softening my voice. I notice that Carl is looking and he smiles. Then a woman with dreads walks from upstairs.

??? : Oh, hey Carl.

Carl: Hey Michonne. Oh Michonne, this is Hope. Hope, Michonne.

I set Judith back to her crib and walk towards Michonne to shake her hand.

Hope: Nice to meet you.

Michonne: Likewise.

She looks at me up and down and I can say I feel a bit uncomfortable.

Michonne : How many walkers have you killed?

Hope : What?

I look at Carl who shakes his head while looking at the floor. How many walkers I have killed? Well that's a stupid question. Why would anyone want to know that?

Michonne : How many?

Hope: 6509.

I say with confidence and she frowns but then I roll my eyes.

Hope: I don't know I've lost count.

Michonne: How many people?

Hope: What? None. Why would I kill people? Who do you think I am?

Michonne: That's why I'm asking you, to find out who you are.

She still looks at me with a suspicious look. She then turns around and leaves the house. I look at Carl with a questioning look but he gives me back the look "Don't mind it". We hear footsteps coming from upstairs and a man walks up to us.

Carl: Hey dad. Dad this is Hope. I met her at Ron's house.

??? : Hey, I'm Rick Grimes.

Again with the suspicious look.

Rick: How many-?

Carl: Michonne already asked her the questions!

Rick: Huh, okay. See ya later then.

He leaves too and I turn to Carl.

Carl: Sorry about that

Hope: Should I ask?

He moves his head no and I nod. I look at the clock and I remember that I wanna get back to the woods before it gets dark.

Hope: Hey, um.. I should probably get going.

Carl: It's early.

Hope: I know but I have some things to do back home.

He nods and I turn around to leave.