Mystic Falls

Hope's P.O.V
Today I'm not on the mood to do anything. Tonight we are having a meeting but I don't think of attending it. So I decide to do something else. I get downstairs in the library and find a map. I open it and lay it on a table. I grab a knife and cut my palm letting some of my blood fall on the map.

Hope: Mur vara en gartus sanguineus

I say while closing my eyes. I open them and watch the blood, which should be trying to find any Mikaelson that supposed to be on Earth. But when the blood just stays still instead of moving and catching fire when it finds its target, I choke back a sob as I realize what it means. I grab the map and fold it. I run upstairs and grab a backpack. I put inside water, food, candles, salt, the map and some knives and walk outside.

I walk towards the gate and I ask the person who guards it, Nicholas to get outside. At the beginning he tells me no with the excuse that I'm gonna be a girly all alone into the woods. I sharpen my eyes.

Hope: I'm just gonna go for a walk.

Nicholas: No.

I roll my eyes and cross my hands. Then I feel someone touching my shoulder and I quickly turn around in order to face Carl.

Hope: God you scared me.

Nicholas: Yeah, imagine what would have happened if I had let you out.

I sharpen my eyes again and then look at Carl.

Carl: What's going on?

Hope: I want to leave for a while and he won't let me.

Carl: If it's for a while i can come with you.

Hope: No, you really don't have to.

Carl: No its OK. Besides i will be extra help at persuading this guy on letting us go.

Hope: Fine.

We both turn towards Nicholas.

Hope: Can we go?

Nicholas : Fine. But if I don't see you coming back before nightime, I'm gonna lock you out.

He opens the gate and we walk past him, but I stop and look at him.

Hope: Oh, and that girly in front of you, can easily kick, your, ass.

I raise my one eyebrow and leave Alexandria with Carl.

Carl : So, where are we going?

Hope: Scavenger hunt.

Carl: Really?

Hope: Yeah

Carl: And what are we looking for?

Hope: A place that is called Mystic Falls.

Carl: You're kidding right?

I move my head no.

Carl: Hope, we don't have a car. How do you expect us to go there and be back before nightime?

I smile and roll my eyes. When I make sure we are all alone, I grab his hand and drag him deeper into the woods. We stop when we find an open space.

Carl: Why did we stop?

I set on the ground my backpack and take out the candles and the salt.

Carl: Are we going to bake salt?

I look at him with a "really?" look and he smiles. With the salt, I make a circle and put the five candles on their positions. I light them up and stand in the middle.

Hope: Come.

He steps in the circle and looks at me in caution. I take his hands and close my eyes. I take a deep breath and wind starts hitting us.

Hope: Phasmatos Lacus.

Then immediately we find ourselves in another forest, sitting on a log.

Carl: What the?

I open my eyes and laugh. But when I look around I'm disappointed.

Hope : This is supposed to be Mystic Falls. But,... It's... Nothing.

Carl :Does Mystic Falls has a forest?

Hope: It does but according to the coordinates, we are supposed to be standing in the Slavatore School.

I look around and then whisper a spell.

Carl: What did you do?

Hope :I am checking the theory of the dimensions. If we are on another dimension, then with that spell I could bring something from there. Unfortunately there's no spell of people traveling through dimensions or else I would be long gone.

Carl: Did the spell bring anything?

Hope: No. So that means Mystic Falls is somewhere here or was here.

I open my bag to get the map but I feel something else. I grab it and look at it.

Hope: Dammit.

Carl: What's wrong?

Hope: I am in another dimension.

I say as I show him a picture.

Hope: That's me, my mom, my dad, my aunt and my uncle.

I say as I smile a bit.

Hope: I thought I'd never see this picture again.

Carl: Your dad seems a bit angry.

Hope :He always was. But in a way we all found it funny.

I smile again and I notice Carl looking at me. I look at him and shake my head while placing the photo back in my bag.

Hope : As I said, I've moved on. Now we can return.

Carl: Have you?

Hope : What?

Carl: Have you moved on?

I frown.

Carl:It's hard to move on. When I lost my mom, I couldn't move on. You lost both of your parents. How did you move on so quickly?

I take a deep breath as I look at him with a blank face.

Hope: People can surprise you Carl Grimes. Now come on. We have to go.

We stand again in the circle and teleport back. I gather the candles and put them in my bag. We start walking towards Alexandria.

Carl : How old were you when your parents died?

Hope: Fifteen... How old were you when your mom died?

Carl : Thirteen.

I look at him while he stares at the ground. We walk next to each other so I move my hand and grab his. He looks at me, then smiles. I smile back and we keep walking to Alexandria without talking.

Unfortunately when we arrive, it's nightime, but when we walk to the gate, we see it open. We walk towards it and look around. We close the gate.

Hope : There must be walkers in here.

We both nod to each other and we walk to the meeting to tell everyone.