Explanation

Rick's POV
I can't do this. My son is on a hospital bed and everyone is running around trying to help him. I haven't told anyone what happened back there. Hope was shot along with Carl and she technically gave her life for him.

I hear nothing. So I take a gun and walk outside to kill the walkers. Every one of them. I start shooting. Walker by walker falling down dead.

Out of bullets. Then I hear someone calling my name and I see Eugene walking towards me with two guns. He hands me one and then I see more people coming out of the houses to help us kill the walkers. Until the sunrise, every walker is dead. And I have to say these people here are defenitely not weak.

I look in front of me, on the street and see someone getting up and walking towards us. I can't see very clear who it is but I point my gun towards it. But when I realize it, I lower my gun and walk towards the girl covered in blood.

Hope's P.O.V
I open my eyes and look at the sky. The sun goes up. I try to move but I feel really heavy. I look at my body and I see that walkers have fallen over me. Thankfully they are dead.

I push them aside and get up. My head feels dizzy. I look at my body. Blood everywhere. Perfect. I see from afar some people standing outside the infirmary.

A man looks at me. I think it's Rick. He points his gun towards me but then lowers it. I walk towards him and so does he. When he is close enough, he points again the gun towards me.

Rick: Were you bit?

I tilt my head to the side.

Hope: I don't know. What happened?

Rick: Didn't you have a wound on your stomach?

Hope : Oh yeah, it might have healed, or i might not feel it.

I move my hand in front of my eyes blocking the sun.

Hope: Gosh, this sun is really bright.

Rick: It's not even 7 yet. Just come inside so Denise can check on you.

I nod and walk next to him, but I stop and grab his hand.

Hope: Is Carl okay?

Rick: He's inside.

I look at him and then the building. God, if something has happened to him, I'll freak out. He's the only friend I have left. I can't lose him too. I run in the building and look for Carl.

Denise: Wow what happened to you?

Hope: I'm fine. Where's Carl?

Denise: He's fine. Now come. I need to see if you have any wounds.

She makes me sit on a bed and i take off my shirt so she can see the hypothetical gun shot.

Denise: Weird. You are perfectly fine. Like a normal healthy teenager.

She turns to leave.

Hope: Can I see Carl?

Denise: He needs to rest. And so do you. Now lay back.

She says as she pushes me on the bed.

Hope: But I'm fine. You said it yourself.

Denise: But still, you had a crazy night.

Then she leaves the room, leaving me alone thinking.

Rick's POV
I'm sitting outside on the porch. Thinking. How is this possible? I saw Hope falling on the ground and walkers surrounding her, but still... She's alive. I need to talk to her. I see Denise walking outside and I walk to her.

Rick: How is she?

Denise: Never better. No physical damage.

Rick: You sure?

Denise : 100%

I nod.

Rick: Can I see her?

She nods and then suddenly the sky turns red. We hear thunder. Everyone gets a bit scared but then it stops. They sky is blue again. I walk in Hope's room and what I see shocks me and makes me pull my gun and point it towards her.

Hope's P.O.V
I am laying on the bed and look around. Suddenly I feel a bit hungry. I sit up and think of finding Denise but then something else draws my attention.

Something like a fridge. I walk towards it and look through the glass while my fingers move over the thick material. I open the fridge and grab a bag. I press it a bit and see its red liquid filling the edges.

I open the bag and drink the blood. It tastes good. Better than I thought. I hear thunder from outside. Suddenly I feel a pain in my mouth.

I look at my faded reflection on the glass. My eyes are orange with black veins under them and sharper teeth appear where my wolf teeth use to be.

My mouth is also covered in blood and then I hear something from the door. I turn and look at Rick who points his gun towards me. I widen my eyes.

Rick:What are you?

I walk towards him as some tears fill my eyes.

Hope:I'm a monster. A monster that has an uncontrollable thirst for blood, a monster that can turn into a wolf and a monster that casts spells. That's what I am. And you won't tell anyone what you saw. Please. I promise. I'm not a threat. I'm just a tennage girl who happens to be the Tribrid.

Rick: You have a lot of explaining to do.

I nod and I motion him to sit on a chair as I clean off the blood off my face.