Guest

Hope's P.O.V
I open my eyes and see that I'm in Carl's room, sleeping next to Carl. I look outside. It's night. Then my hearing focuses on someone's voice whispering in the next room.

??? : Rick!

I get up and grab a gun. Carl opens his eyes and looks at me. I move my finger up to my mouth shooshing him and we move to the stairwell. There we see a guy sitting on the stairs and Carl points his gun towards him. Then from the stairs, appear Glenn, Maggie, Daryl and Abraham at the same time as Rick and Michonne exit the master bedroom.

Rick: What do you want to talk about?

He asks the stranger.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Later that day...

I walk to Carl's house and I see him sitting on the porch with Judith.

Carl: Hey

Hope: Hi. So, what happened with the unexpected guest?

Carl: You mean intruder.

Hope: Yeah.

Carl: He said something, that he has a community like this one and my dad and the others went with him there. And he left me in charge in some way.

Hope:Really? What do you know about leadership?

He frowns.

Hope:Just kidding. Do you need anything my leader?

I say in a mocking tone as I bow a little.

Carl: Yes, go bring me something to eat.

Hope: Get it yourself.

I say as I sit on a chair.

Carl : Very funny. Now hold Judith until I find some food.

He hands me Judith.

Hope: Look at this. Before we get here, we were looking for food into the woods and now in the cabinets. Who would've thought that somehow we'd get back to daily routine.

I look at Judith and she smiles. She looks at me with her blue eyes, like she's looking inside my soul. I wonder...what if I was from one side and saw myself as a baby? What would it be like?

I smile back at Judith and then Carl comes out.

Hope: Did you find anything?

Carl: Just some cereal.

Hope: The usual.

He nods and sits on a chair next to me.

Hope: You know, if you think it straight, I'm a very lucky vampire.

Carl: Why's that?

Hope: Because I turned into a world with no rules. So now, instead of waiting outside the houses for someone to invite me in, I get in just like that.

Carl: How does this work?

Hope:Well, if the owner is dead, I can get in. If the house belongs to the public, I can get in. But if the owner lives inside of it, then no. I can die if I walk just like that in a house that I'm not invited in.

Carl: Really?

Hope: Uh huh. But of course I won't die die, I'll just fall asleep for a while. Ordinary vampires die.

Carl:And of course you are no ordinary.

Hope: Not at all.

He looks at me.

Hope: No no, tell me. What did I ever do, that was ordinary?

Carl: We run to survive from people that have already died but still can kill you and you tell me about ordinary?

I smile.

Hope:You're right. What was I thinking?

We sit there playing with Judith for a while.

Hope: I'm going for a walk. Wanna come?

Carl:Sure.

We leave Judith with Carol and we walk into the woods holding hands. After a while we hear something and we see a herd of walkers walking towards us. Carl takes out his gun and we walk backwards. He's ready to shoot.

Hope: No wait! I wanna enjoy this. You stay back.

He looks at me confused. I start walking towards the walkers. In my hand, I make a fireball and throw it towards them. Because the fire is magical, when the ball touches one walker, 10 more catch on fire. I smile.

I see some walkers close to me so with my hands, I cut off their heads. I push some walkers with my magic against the trees and with my other hand, using magic, I cut off their heads.

Hope: Huh, I didn't know I could do that. Cool.

Carl: Hope behind you.

I quickly turn around and quickly with my hands, smash its head. I see some walking towards Carl so in a couple of seconds, I turn into my wolf form and rip apart the walkers. When every walker is dead, I turn back to my human form. And an advantage of being the Tribrid, I turn back into a human with my clothes on.

Hope: Wow! I've missed this.

Carl: That was amazing. Oh and, you gotta stop covering yourself with blood.

I look down and look at my clothes filled with blood.

Hope: Oh great. Wait. Let me try something.

I close my eyes and snap my fingers. When I look down, my clothes are clean.

Hope: Happy now?

I ask and we both smile.