New Enemy

Hope's P.O.V
I wake up and walk downstairs to get something to drink cause, gosh, I'm thirsty. I grab a glass of water and drink some as I walk towards the library of Rick's house. I look at the books. I set down my glass and grab a book. I open it and go through its pages. Accidentally, I cut my thumb with one of the pages. Then, Carl walks down and sees me looking at my thumb

Carl: You OK?

Hope: I don't know... Is it possible to die from a paper cut?

He looks at me confused.

Carl : You can heal

Hope: I know. But it's fun to think about it.

I say as I smile.

Hope:Now, excuse me but I got a bad hunger and if I don't find something to eat, then who knows what will happen.

I get outside and head to the walls as I get a lot of cautious glances around me. I jump to the other side and start looking for food. While I'm walking, I'm gonna catch you up with everything that has happened.

Well, yesterday, when Rick wanted to talk to us, he told us, that a new enemy has "arrived".

Last night

We're in the church, all gathered. Rick gives us an update to the past days.

Rick :We can work with the Hilltop. Maggie hammered out a deal. We're getting food, eggs, butter, fresh vegetables. But they're not just giving it away. These "Saviors", they almost killed Sasha, Daryl and Abraham on the road. Now, sooner or later they would've found us, just like those Wolves did, just like Jesus did. They woulda killed someone or some of us. And then they would try to own us. And we would try to stop them. But by then, in that kind of fight, low on food, we could lose. This is the only way to be sure, as sure as we can get that we win. And we have to win. We do this for the Hilltop, it's how we keep this place, it's how we feed this place. This needs to be a group decision. If anybody objects, here's your chance to say your piece.

Nobody moves except a man, Morgan, who stands up.

Morgan: You're sure we can do it? We can beat em?

Rick: What this group has done, what we've learned, what we've become, all of us, yes, I'm sure.

Morgan : Then all we have to do is just tell them that.

Rick: Well they don't compromise.

Morgan: This isn't a compromise. It's a choice you give them. It's a way out, for them and for us.

Rick: We try and to the Saviors, we give up our advantage, our safety. No, we have to come for them before they come for us. We can't leave them alive.

Morgan: Where there's life, there's possibility.

Rick: Of them hitting us.

Morgan : We're not trapped in this. None of you are trapped in this.

Rick: Morgan... they always come back.

Morgan: Come back when they're dead too.

Rick : Yeah, we'll stop them. We have before.

Morgan: I'm not talking about the walkers.

Morgan turns and looks at me and I look around not realizing what is happening. Everyone looks at me, a bit confused.

Hope:Who, me?

I say as I point at myself.

Morgan : You're different, aren't you?

I sit a bit up on my seat and move my head.

Hope: I don't understand what you mean.

Morgan: Oh, I believe you do, very well.

I look again around me and then I glance at Rick who nods. I let out a sigh and get up.

Hope: Fine. You would found out sooner or later. Plus I was a bit bored hiding it.

Carl: Hope, are you sure you wanna do this?

He whispers at me and I shrug.

Hope: Cmon, we live in a world with dead people that eat living people. What could go wrong?

I walk up to Rick and stand next to him as I smile.

Hope: Now you have a better chance at winning.

Aaron: How?

I'm thinking of teasing them a little bit so instead of showing myself right away, I'll do something better.

Hope: I can make fires.

Abraham : Really? Well I can do that too. It's no big deal.

Hope: Well, make one. Right now.

Rick walks closer to me as Abraham gets up.

Rick : Hope, what are you doing?

Hope: No no no, let me enjoy this.

Abraham takes out his lighter and lights up a little fire on a plate in the church. I scoff.

Hope: You call that a fire?

He raises his eyebrow.

Hope: This, is fire.

I move my hands towards the roof while looking at the plate and whisper the word "Incendia". Then a fire appears that makes everyone gasp and Abraham falls down. I smile at his reaction and turn to the rest of the crowd.

Hope: OK, let's move on with this. I am the Tribrid. Now you'll ask me, what's a Tribrid. Well, I have the powers of a witch, a werewolf and a vampire. It's not that hard to understand right?

Everyone is shocked except for Carl who is trying to hide his smile underneath his hand. I smile too.

Hope: I can help you kill these guys out there. With a single snap of my finger, everyone can die. And now that we're settled with this, let's get this plan done.