Weak

Hope's P.O.V
I sit under a tree and write in my notebook while checking around. Right before it gets dark, I get up and start heading towards Alexandria. On my way there I hear some voices. I walk towards the voices and hide behind a tree. It's Carl and his dad. But this time, Carl wears a hat on his head. A sheriff's one.

Rick: What do you think of this place?

Carl: These people are weak.

Jeez. A bit offended don't you think?

Carl: I don't want us to get weak.

Rick: We won't, okay? I promise you.

Carl nods and Rick heads back to Alexandria. I decide to get back too but I step on leaves and Carl looks towards my place. Then I mumble.

Hope: Shit.

I see that he takes out his knife and walks towards me. I have nothing else to do but to appear in front of him. He backs up a little after my sudden appearance.

Carl: What are you doing here?

Hope: I like coming here.

Carl: Here?

Hope: Not here here. Up there.

Carl: Were you spying on us?

Hope: Hey, it's not my problem if you come and stand under the tree I'm sitting on. Okay?

I walk past him mumbling.

Hope: Spying. Pff.

He walks next to me.

Hope: But yeah, I still heard you and I'm sorry if we make you think we're weak Mr Brave man.

I say in a sarcastic tone.

Carl: What can I say? It's the truth.

Hope: Okay stop. I accept that Ron and Mikey are weak but I can't accept that you think I am weak. I'm the bravest person I know!

Carl: Yeah, compared to the people you've met.

Hope :What's that supposed to mean?

Carl: That the only people you've met are the Alexandrians.

Hope: Ha! That's what you think. I guarantee you that I can kill a walker with my bare hands and not hesitate.

Oops. The walkers I had killed with my hands, I had used my werewolf strength. What do I do now?

Carl:Be my guest. Find a walker and kill him.

Hope: I will.

I start walking around making noises. I see the sun is going down and its light is getting weaker and weaker. But I don't care. I will prove him that I am not weak, even if it takes the whole night.

We walk for a while and still no walker.

Hope: Look at that, when you don't want to find a walker, you find one and when you want to find a walker, they all disappear.

It's darker now and we can barely see.

Carl: You sure you don't want to go back?

I look at him and walk towards him.

Hope: Why? Are you afraid?

I ask him in a mocking tone.

Carl: No. I'm just saying, in case you're afraid.

Hope: Well I'm not afraid.

Carl: Good.

Hope: Good.

Carl: Good!

I sharpen my eyes and tilt my head on the side.

Hope: Let's just keep looking.

Carl: Good idea.

Hope: Thanks. I'm filled with those.

We hear something from behind and we both turn around to face it. Turns out it's just a deer. I look at it and smile. I look back at Carl who looks like he's on guard.

Hope: What's wrong with you?

Carl: Nothing, it's just seeing a deer like this again, brings me back memories

I turn to look at him.

Hope: Memories like what?

Carl: Long story.

Hope: We got time.

He looks at me with questioning eyes.

Hope: Fine, if you don't want to tell me, don't tell me. But if you tell me, I'll tell you my story.

Carl: Is this a bargain?

Hope: Probably.

During the conversation, because of our talking and the wind, we didn't hear the walker coming from behind Carl. So with my "Probably" I look behind Carl and see the walker ready to bite him so I grab Carl and pull him towards me making us fall down as the walker falls down close to us.

Carl:Thanks

Hope : No problem.

The walker grabs my foot ready to bite me but I kick him and grab a rock. I hit him multiple times in the head until he's dead and then Carl helps me up.

Carl: Fine you win. You're not weak.

I smile victorious and he laughs. I look on the ground and see his hat a few feet away. I grab it and hand it to him.

Hope: Nice hat by the way.

He smiles. Then, we head back to Alexandria and walk the street until our ways are separated.