Chocolate

Hope's P.O.V
Next morning, I wake up at, what it seems to be pretty late but what can I expect after a long night of no sleeping but thinking? I get up still tired and put on my black jeans and a green shirt with black boots. I'm thinking of going to see how is Ron doing but I guess he needs some time alone, so I decide to leave Alexandria and go for a walk outside these walls.

When I'm finally on the other side of the walls, I wander around. I keep walking for a while until I find out that I'm long way from Alexandria. I find a cabin and knock on the door so I can see if there are walkers inside. I hear nothing so I open the door. I look around for food or weapons and then i see a bar of chocolate laying on a shelf. I grab it and eat some. The rest of it, I put it in my bag and then I keep looking around. When I don't find anything else, I decide to return back to Alexandria.

So I start walking again towards the direction I came from. After looking and looking, I finally see the walls. I climb and jump in. I look around in case someone saw me and I start walking towards Carl's house. I arrive and knock on the door. Michonne opens.

Michonne: Yes?

Hope: Oh hi. Is Carl here?

Michonne: Upstairs.

She moves on the side, letting me in and I walk upstairs. Unfortunately Michonne didn't tell me in which room Carl is so I try to find him by scent. So I close my eyes and focus my scent in each room. Focusing on the rooms, I don't hear Carl coming from behind me, in result, scare me. I jump up in fear as I hear his voice saying "Boo!"

Hope: What is boo? How old are you?

I say, clearly upset.

Carl: It's the word to scare people. It has no limit on age. Besides, I scared you.

I roll my eyes.

Carl: What brings you here?

Hope: Well, earlier today, I went on a walk outside the walls and found a cabin. Unfortunately it hadn't anything useful but I did found this.

I say as I grab the chocolate from my bag.

Hope: I guess you and Judith would want it.

Carl: Wow, where did you find it? I haven't seen chocolate in like... Who knows?

I laugh.

Carl: Thanks.

Hope: No problem. Oh and just for the record, if you thought these two pieces would get away, then you are an idiot.

I say as I show him the two missing chocolate pieces making him laugh.

Hope: Now, if you may excuse me, I have to go home.

Carl: I do excuse you. You can go.

I smile and walk downstairs. I walk towards my house but then I look at Ron's house. So I decide to go there. I knock on the door and Jessie opens.

Hope: Hey...

She looks at me then smiles.

Jessie: Sam is upstairs but I don't know where Ron is.

I tilt my head to the side.

Hope: Didn't he tell you where he'd go?

She shakes her head and I nod

Hope: How is Sam doing?

She tries to say something but she stops. She looks at the ground not knowing what to say, so I pull her in a hug. At first she's surprised but then she relaxes. We separate and she looks at me.

Jessie: Thank you.

I smile at her.

Hope: I should better get going.

She nods and I turn around, walking towards my house.

********************************

Hey everyone! Author here!

So, because this time I'm very busy, I won't be updating soon. I haven't watched the next episodes on Walking Dead so I have to watch them and then write the next chapters. So it's gonna take a while.

I'm thinking about a month tops. Maybe less. We'll see. For now, have a great start with 2023's summer!!