CHAPTER THIRTY EIGHT

Kathy's POV

"Instead of natural stone flooring, we have wooden floors to keep us warm" Maya rolls her eyes at Aria's words. I have been tempted to do just that for a while now yet I am their host, I will remain respectful. I fail to understand her logic though, Our species don't get cold. She has been comparing our pack houses for a while now from the size of the building to the size of our kitchen, to our colour schemes. Suffice to say I am at my wits end. Maya seems to be the most sensible out of the three. Bela is trying too much to be good books with Aria, she constantly agrees to everything she says no matter how vain.

"Oh you only have tulips, red roses, sunflowers and lavender" Aria points out as we take our seats near the gardens "I have all the flowers in my garden from tulips, sunflowers, marigolds, petunias, poppies, red roses, white roses, pink..."
"Okay, we get it. You have a big garden with lots of flowers" Maya says with an eyeroll. if she continues, her eyes will roll to the back of her head. Aria curls her lip looking at her fellow Luna in disdain. Silence settles over us as the evening breeze wafts through. I see my mother and son walking towards us.

"He wouldn't go with me without seeing you first" My mother titters as they approach.
"We are not going home mummy?" he asks rubbing the sleep from his eyes looking adorable wearing his spider man t-shirt and shorts.
"No sweety, We will be spending a night in the pack house" I made sure that the Alpha's suite was prepared because I knew that Micheal wouldn't want to leave the pack house when it is  occupied by three Alphas. "Go with Grandma, daddy and I will come and get you when we are done, okay?" he nods his head and walks away with his grandmother.
"Daddy? Micheal had a son when he was twelve?" Dumb Luna and her dumb questions. This time I roll my eyes. I can't help it, yes I said I will remain respectful but she is annoying!. It's clear as day that they are not blood related. "No he did not, I had him with my first mate".
"So is he the next Alpha?"
"No, he is not of Alpha blood".
"So the pack has no heir?"
"Aria!. Stop poking your nose in other people's business" Maya cuts in.
"It's just a general question." Aria defends smirking. Our dear Bela sits quietly paying reverence to the snob.
A loud bang is heard coming from the pack house, startled, we run to the house to find the source of the sound. I spot Chris and other warriors running towards the pack bar.
Following the warriors, we stubble upon a horrifying scene.

My mate being held back by Alpha Ian and Alpha Elijah, a bloody Alpha Dean lays on the floor, claw marks across his chest.
"Let.me.go. Let go!" he growls, his Beta and warriors help the two Alpha's preventing my mate from causing anymore damage. His blue irises have turned dark, with bloody talons, large canine teeth protrude out of his gums and the tops of his ears are pointed. His turning, which is not good. In a room occupied by three other Alpha's, if he turns, they all turn then they will be a bloodbath.

I run to wrap my arms around him to calm him down. He reciprocates, tightly wrapping his arms around my waist, his head in my neck breathing in my scent, his chest rises and falls. What happened?.

"You have all seen what has happened. I have been attacked for no reason by the barbaric Alpha of this pack" Alpha Dean shouts.
"You brought this upon yourself by insulting his mate" Alpha Ian says.
"What? Saying that his mate is old is not an insult, look at her...she is old" I feel my mate's body tremble with anger. I know that it is not the only reason.
"No Micheal look at me". I plead tilting his head down  "Stop. Please" I mouth to him, tears well up in my eyes but I remain stoic. Caressing my cheek he nods his head pressing a kiss to my temple.
The angered Alpha leaves our pack with his mate and warriors after ending the peace treaty that has lasted between our packs for generations.
The remaining Alphas' stay at our pack for two more days, the atmosphere is uneasy as it feels like we are walking on egg shells. Micheal does not mention the incident with Alpha Dean, seemingly putting it behind him. 

"You promise to come and visit, mum really misses you" Ian says leaning  back from our hug.
"I promise I will find time to visit, besides Grace and I talk on the phone all the time". Ian and Maya are leaving today, we already said goodbye to Alpha Elijah and Bela earlier, the latter was actually good company without Arias influence.
We head back into the pack house once the last SUV turns into a speck in the distance.

"How about we get Vincent, go home and just spend rest of the day relaxing" Micheal offers, I nod my head in agreement. We have been staying in the Alpha suite for the past three days, it's been uncomfortable, I guess I love our small cottage. We take the stairs to my mother's room where we find Alpha Derrick standing on top of the stairs with an annoyed expression on his face.
"Son, we need to talk now!" he commands
"Not today Dad, I need rest, it's been a hectic three days" Micheal replies.
"I said we need to talk. You will find me in your office" he says then walks away. My mate clenches his fists not liking being told what to do.
"Go. I will get Vincent" he opens his mouth to argue but I cut him off "Go. Tell me when you are done with the meeting" with a kiss to the lips, Micheal continues on to his office while I enter my mother's room.

"I am so glad the Alphas are gone, having more than one Alpha in one place is scary, I was on edge the whole time" Mum shivers taking a bite of her cupcake. "It wasn't that bad" I laugh.
"It wasn't that bad? Honey, Your mate almost killed an Alpha"
"Mum you are..."
Our banter is cut off by a distressed voice.
"Kathy oh my goddess. Kathy where are you?" Diana's panicked stricken voice screams through my mind. They are going to kill each other, Kathy! he is going to kill my son. Please you have to stop them, please come to the office. Hurry!".
Confusion courses through my brain, but I have no time to make sense of what's happening or why it's happening. I run straight upstairs ignoring my mother's calls for me to stop.
I find a sobbing Diana, Chris, Mellisa and other warriors gathered outside the office hopelessly looking on, walking through, I stand in shock at the site before me, an office wrecked, two large black Alpha wolves fight, they snap and claw at each other.
"Do something please" Diana cries holding my hands. "Why isn't anyone stopping this?"
"I am sorry Luna but there is nothing we can do, there Alpha wolves, anyone who interferes will die" Mellisa says.
"Then what? We let them fight to the death" I won't let that happen.
Taking a deep breathe I take a step into the room
"STOP!".
The two wolves whip their heads in my direction "STOP FIGHTING". This is either the bravest thing I will ever do or the stupidest.
Derrick still in wolf form snarls as he takes steps towards me, his eyes as dark as night. Michael comes to stand protectively in front of me growling at his father.
Bones snap and Alpha Derrick stands in human form, claw marks all over his body, Diana rushes in to hug her mate. Michael also changes back, bloody with claw marks on his sides and back, he wraps his arms around me, his face in my neck breathing in my scent.
"Why Derrick? Why are you fighting our son? Diana asks in a croaky voice.
"This is all her fault" he looks at me, eyes cold, void of empathy "she has ruined this pack, she is a curse on our pack!"
"Shut up!" Michael screams letting me go to lunge at his father but this time he is held back by his Beta and warriors.
My heart hurts, tears freely flow down my cheeks. I keep hoping for another solution to present itself, deep down I know it is left up to me to make the final decision.
A father fought his own son today because of me. I am a curse. I will set him free. I will set them all free.